Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Famicom on Bang & Olufsen (Picture Black and white!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Professional monitors cost thousands when they were new. Modern LCD ones also do.

Comment

I paid ?2k for my 50" Sammy originally. I really hate big sets now. I don't see the appeal one bit. I'll be honest, when I bought my HDTV Years ago, and, I didn't even get mine until a while after HD had been introduced, I loved it, it was amazing! now, if I play modern games, which I largely don't care for, 21" is perfect, in any room, I don't like large sets anymore....its probably just me.

I will look into a monitor though, I need a full-time job and to move out of here, *sigh* maybe I should post in the Irks thread. I want to remain positive though, nothing seems to be going right of late!

Comment

Saw a b&o crt dumped for trash in my street this week, wouldve scavenged it if it wasn't rain soaked and looked remoteless!!

Comment

I've got a 24" PC monitor for MMOs and stuff, 32" TV for HD consoles and my three Sony CRT (20, 14, 9 inch) for retro - although I'm only using the 20" right now. Sit exactly the same distance from the screen with the 20" and 32".

Large TVs aren't up my street either, wouldn't go over 40 - unless it was for movies or something.

Comment

On A positive note, I changed my room around earlier and set my famicom up on a crt (with black and white image) my nephew came round (4) and he said, Darren, I love it, please keep it like that, please please, all excited. Its kinda hard to imagine what a 4 year old sees, I certainly don't remember being that young for anything other than flashbacks of holidays or random things.

My 1st TV when I was younger was a black and white portable, it was just the norm here, and I guess for a lot of people, I remember my parents renting a tv when I was a kid, lol. oh gosh. I'm getting older and older. Yes, we were poor.

Comment

My Mum is a child minder, and in the room where she does most of her work we have a wall mounted 14" CRT, and a VHS player.

This VHS player is hooked up via RF, and this is how I used to do it as a kid. Needless to say, the image was really really bad. Yet, that doesn't matter because they were able to watch Toy Story 2 just fine...

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                My Mum is a child minder, and in the room where she does most of her work we have a wall mounted 14" CRT, and a VHS player.

This VHS player is hooked up via RF, and this is how I used to do it as a kid. Needless to say, the image was really really bad. Yet, that doesn't matter because they were able to watch Toy Story 2 just fine...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
                  My 1st TV when I was younger was a black and white portable, it was just the norm here, and I guess for a lot of people, I remember my parents renting a tv when I was a kid, lol. oh gosh. I'm getting older and older. Yes, we were poor.
                  Blimey, I'd forgotten about renting TVs etc. where I lived, that was the norm I think. It was a big day when my parents actually bought a TV, second hand mind you, fake wood effect with dials and sliders on the front :-)

Comment

Renting was totally normal! Tvs used to go wrong all the time and.if.you rented they came out straight away to fix it. Think that was the main selling point of it.

Comment

MM yes and Brad yes...I forgot that too! yes I remember quite a few times the engineer coming out too to fix things, thank you for re-jogging my memory!

Comment

Renting was totally normal!
                        Brings back memories of my Gran haggling with Rumbelows, bless er'.
                        3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Rumbelows! My first Mega CD came from there :-) I think they were trying to sell whatever type of computer Commodore were trying to flog at the time too. I wasn't having anything to do with computers at the time though

Comment

My C64 came from Rumblelows!

Comment

I ordered the converter from china...
                              May I ask...what kind of chance has it got of working....I don't suppose its 100% guaranteed?....

Comment

It will work.

Comment

Working...
                                X