Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which highly rated retro games did you dislike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course you would. At least you can't go through my gamer score to see.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
      Of course you would. At least you can't go through my gamer score to see.
      No need these days , already well use to you having a lot to say on games and systems you don't own :P . I wouldn't say too much , but you tried and called me out not owning Need for Speed HP and Zelda TS ; Games which you liked but didn't like it when people were finding faults with the games

Comment

Yet I've never been called out for not telling the truth. Funny that. Or for not voicing opinions on tons of games talked about on here that I don't own or haven't played.

My. Isn't that weird?

Comment

I really liked Super Tennis and played it a lot. The next tennis game I really enjoyed was Virtua Tennis on the Dreamcast. I've played a lot of tennis games, starting from the 8-bit days, but not many grabbed me. Only the two I've mentioned stick in my memory as being really fun to play with friends.

Comment

Yet I've never been called out for not telling the truth.
            No you asked did I owe the game and then asked how long had I played it for. Really don't mind you sticking the boot into the likes of Grandia II or the Shenmue becasue they are vaild reasons . I really doubt you've given This Football 2003/4 the time of day if you played them at all. Sure you can say Pro was better, but 2003 really improved the series (which was a joke onthe PS) and played a great game of football and was 'well made' product and far from LOL

Or for not voicing opinions on tons of games talked about on here that I don't own or haven't played.
            You've got a lot to say on games like Forza 5 despite now owning the game or the system . Some of comments about content would mean you have to play the game for really long time , that's not somthing you can really do playing it down a mates or cousins .

It seems to happen a lot with systems like the VITA too (not you btw) People having so much to say about it and the games, despite not owning the unit .

I've played a lot of tennis games, starting from the 8-bit days, but not many grabbed me. Only the two I've mentioned stick in my memory as being really fun to play with friends.
            I don't like the sport much and like in real life to make it good you need an opponent of similar skill level. So games like VT cheat a little and make it easy to return shots I liked VT III and Part IV was really well done Just not really for me.

I had some fun with Super Tennis but me and my mates would always want to play the likes of John Madden, PGA Golf, Supper Soccer (even thought looking back it's pants) far more . The Mode 7 intro was 'ace' at the time though

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
              I had some fun with Super Tennis but me and my mates would always want to play the likes of John Madden, PGA Golf far more . The Mode 7 intro was 'ace' at the time though
              What about EA Hockey on the Mega Drive(is the '93 version the best?) A few mates of mine loved that - and I played it quite a bit against friends. All of us had zero interest in watching the sport.

Comment

Well if it comes to personal preference, my fave footie game of all was ISS on the PS2...the very first one. Just soooooo fun in two player and proper chunky-feeling with hilariously over-smooth identikit players. Pro Evo was too technical and This Is Football was too...scratty. But it's all personal preference - a game like Pro Evo needs a LOT of time spent with it and is not really pick up n' play like ISS was.

And on a different note, now we're talking about 16-bit tennis games...did anyone get on with David Crane's Amazing Tennis? It had super-awful reviews back in the day but I remember playing it and thinking it didn't feel anywhere near as bad as it was made out to be.

Comment

I don't remember posting much about Forza 5 or any current gen games at all.
                  I've only made comments regarding the circuits which has long been been a series issue. It just pales compared to GT.

Except Horizon 2, I've put about 10 hours into that yet I don't even own it.

I called out what two games it didn't seem like you had played. Once. Yet you do it to everyone all of the time when an opinion doesn't tally with yours. It's comical.

Talking fluff.
                  Last edited by nakamura; 20-09-2015, 15:27.

Comment

I can't help but feel the entire sports genre is missing out by losing its "arcade" wing. For instance, racing games may have Gran Turismo and DiRT Rally but we still have Ridge Racer and Mario Kart.

Maybe we need a new football game which is practically pinball (aka Actua Soccer 2).

Comment

They don't sell. Pure Football was arcade based and sucked.

PES is very user friendly.

Comment

There were a few...Sega Soccer Slam...Red Card...ISS1...but damn right they don't sell. I'm not saying Pro Evo was user-unfriendly but it wasn't as dumb as ISS...me and my bro used to play it for the foul factor. Always about crippling each other's teams and being lucky enough not to get red cards and luckily the fouls felt really crunchy and satisfying. It was like a cro-magnon version of Pro Evo almost.

Comment

What about EA Hockey on the Mega Drive(is the '93 version the best?) A few mates of mine loved that - and I played it quite a bit against friends. All of us had zero interest in watching the sport.
                          Put hours into that and the likes of Brutal Sports (Amiga) , Speed Ball II , Striker (Snes), Circus Games (ST Amiga) back in the day, HardBall .
                          Really good times. It was a bit crap at the time, by me and my next door neighbour used to play hours on Super Goal on the Snes.

Back in those days when you buying games out of pocket money or Saturday job you would even play rubbish games to get your moneys worth lol. I drew the line at Ryan Giggs football game onthe MD

Well if it comes to personal preference, my fave footie game of all was ISS on the PS2.
                          My fav football of all time is Sensible Soccer and Sensible World of Soccer - just pefect controls and headers . I liked TIF 2003/4/5 more than Pro Evo.

I called out what two games it didn't seem like you had played.
                          I didn't just play them I owned them . If I don't own a game or system I don't pass major views on them . I just get a bit tired of people slating games they haven't really played ;The Eggchasers World cup has started and already the girls in work are winding me up; How Ruby is a Man's game played by real men and not like Football played by fairies and where a; the fans fight . Ask them how many games of football they've watched and the anwer is always none Yet they're passing off all these expert views on Football .

Don't take it as personal dig btw. Becuase its only games at the end of the day and like in Football you can really slate each other views, but still be the best of mates and friends after the game and final whistle
                          Last edited by Team Andromeda; 20-09-2015, 16:09.

Comment

I don't take anything personally! [emoji4]
                            But I don't post opinion on games without giving them a good play first.
                            I've played many new games but barely posted about them other than an I like or don't like what I've played comment.

I've not posted about MGSV, Evil within, Blood borne, Dead Rising 3 etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post

And on a different note, now we're talking about 16-bit tennis games...did anyone get on with David Crane's Amazing Tennis? It had super-awful reviews back in the day but I remember playing it and thinking it didn't feel anywhere near as bad as it was made out to be.
                              I played it back in the day, but don't remember if it was terrible or not. I do remember that the graphics and sound were really good, but the perspective spoiled things, as it was too close-up.

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                              Maybe we need a new football game which is practically pinball (aka Actua Soccer 2).
                              People buy FIFA because it looks like Sky Sports and has tons of content. Without that degree of flashiness, most people wouldn't buy a simple but fun football game. It might work as a download game for the likes of LiveArcade/PSN, though.

I'd love a football game that is really fast and quick, but with a nice a bit of depth, so you can improve your skills. A proper quality arcade experience. I wouldn't mind if it didn't have all the bells & whistles of FIFA, as I don't like FIFA anyway.

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                              I drew the line at Ryan Giggs football game onthe MD
                              His game was a wrong'un, just like him.

Comment

I'm going to play This Is Football tonight!

Comment

Working...
                                X