Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out of the loop - how's the market for NTSC-U Wii / GC / PS2/3 / Dreamcast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Value-wise, I would think PS3 games are at a low right now. We're at that stage where it's too old to be most people's primary system, but it's too new to be seen as a classic or remembered with much nostalgia. PS2 games were very cheap for a while, but quite a few have now started to increase in price. How much PS3 titles will increase by remains to be seen. It was the first generation where a substantial amount of games could be purchased online, so will people collect physical media in the same way? The servers will be switched off eventually, but it's quite easy to jailbreak without any modification, so people who want to play on original hardware may just go down that route. Who knows!

Comment

PS3 games for the most part are not worth that much. Although prices will probably eventually increase, whether it's worth hanging onto them depends on how much it will cost you to store them in the UK or move them to Australia with you.

190 games is a lot of weight. I would probably consider getting rid.

I also have a lot of games that I don't have room for that I need to get rid of soon. Time to rip the plaster off for me I think

Comment

You can usually guess which games are likely to increase in value: JRPGs, horror games, shmups (not too many of these on the PS3 anyway), late-releases that are a little quirky and aren't available anywhere else (Puppeteer). You could just keep hold of those and sell the rest now. I'm confident Little Big Planet won't be worth £75 in a couple of years time

Comment

Appreciate the insight, thanks. I'll hold fire for now and see how things go. A bit like I've been doing for the last few years!

Comment

Working...
          X