No announcement yet.

(Retro) What have you been playing this week? Vol.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aha! Didn't realise you could punch the low loader. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
      I've been play the Snes too . Just loving Pilotwings, F-Zero and Contra III (god the music is so awesome even today )
      Been enjoying a Super Famicom revival myself of late and Contra 3 is great fun - but bloody hard and never lets up.

I also tried Contra Hard Corps on the MD recently and it's even harder again...

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
        After picking up Secret Of Mana for a great price I'm determined to finally finish it.
        It's a great game but I don't feel it deserves its classic status based on the 6 hours or so I've probably put into it.
        There's been a lot of refinement in the genre since. But at the time, people saw past the game design issues. I remember loving it, despite not being fond of the genre.

Contra III (god the music is so awesome even today )
        That's how I feel every time I play it. Such astonishingly good 16-bit music.

Comment

I also tried Contra Hard Corps on the MD recently and it's even harder again
          I bought the USA version of that years back. It's doing so much stuff its insane, but its far too hard for its own good . The Snes versions looks and plays better and the sound to that game is still amazing.

That's how I feel every time I play it. Such astonishingly good 16-bit music.
          Konami were almost as good as NCL in the 16 bit days and maybe the best at making the Snes soundchip sing . Axleay and Contra III just sound stunning to this very day . Really sad to see Konami all but turn their backs on the consoles

Comment

Comment

Really sad to see Konami all but turn their backs on the consoles
              The saddest thing for me, when it comes to Konami, is they didn't make SNES sequels to Contra III, Castlevania IV, or Axelay. Maybe that's because those games were supposedly made by Treasure staff who left Konami, but you'd think Konami could have got other skilled people to make decent sequels.

When I look at the SNES' catalogue, it shows me that the machine didn't get enough sequels to good games. A proper F-Zero 2 with 2-player mode should have been made. A sequel to Super Mario Kart using an FX2 for some cool effects etc.. most definitely should have been made, seeing the original was a huge hit.

It's like a lot of SNES games were such high quality that publishers didn't think they could improve upon them. And then you have RARE who managed to deliver three Donkey Kong Country games.

Comment

I was always waiting for a more accurate version of Final Fight to show up a little later into the life of the SNES, one on a bigger cartridge to more closely emulate the coin-op. They made a version of Final Fight with Guy included so I don't see there being a problem with an updated version. After all Streetfighter was updated all the time. But all we got was Final Fight 2 & 3 which didn't hold a candle to the original.

Comment

I'm currently playing through Tales of Symphonia on GC. I had it back in the day but never got very far. I'm nearly off the first disc now I'm determined to finish this one!

Comment

Neo Turf Masters..Can't beat a swing of the club sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by Arashikage View Post
                      I was always waiting for a more accurate version of Final Fight to show up a little later into the life of the SNES, one on a bigger cartridge to more closely emulate the coin-op. They made a version of Final Fight with Guy included so I don't see there being a problem with an updated version. After all Streetfighter was updated all the time. But all we got was Final Fight 2 & 3 which didn't hold a candle to the original.
                      Yeah, Final Fight 2 is quite a lame game, and #3 lacks a certain magic. The original got everything right - from the graphic style, the gritty music and the overall design of the game world and characters. It would have been nice if Capcom had released an 'Ultimate' edition of Final Fight for the SNES on maybe a 24mb cart and made sure it was the complete product people desired. I think it could have been so much better than what we got.

Comment

[MENTION=10204]garrz32[/MENTION]

How are you finding it? I loved it when I first got it but once I spent some time with it it did seem like it was just a credit muncher. It didn't seem like there was much scope for me to get any better at it, although I might have been missing something. It just seemed like I was going to have to continue eventually and it was quite a basic game overall. It's a shame as it's the only golf game I've ever liked and I really did enjoy it to start with.
                        Last edited by BigDeadFreak; 25-01-2016, 17:09.

Comment

Originally posted by garrz32 View Post
                          Neo Turf Masters..Can't beat a swing of the club sometimes
                          I read this post on the way home last night and promptly opened it up on my phone for a bash a lovely game.

@BigDeadFreak, I think there is quite a lot of scope to get good at it. It's just a very fun, very solid traditional-style golf game.

Comment

Neo Turf Masters is utterly brilliant.

Comment

@BigDeadFreak..

I love it!!

Love the simplicity ,looks and play's fantastic on a arcade cab.It's a credit feeder (for me anyway) but love the fact that even my 5 year can play it,usually she's a button basher ..it's arcade gaming at it's best ,from one of the best gaming developers ever..

This game always makes me come back for more.
                              Last edited by garrz32; 26-01-2016, 09:11.

Comment

I Bought Neo Turf Masters on CD for the neo geo, about 2 years ago, for ?50, looking around this morning people want between ?250 and ?400 for it on you know where, surely its not that rare is it. not that I would ever sell it.

oh and its a great game as well, love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X