• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That picture looks tight. Very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      That picture looks tight. Very nice.
      The phone actually attempted to clean that one up.

I've since moved away from the RetroTink setting back over to my first config (which looks like jumbotron bulbs) so that you get a better CRT effect at regular seated distance. More pics of that later.

Comment

Super Mario Bros on the Game&Watch my wife got me for my birthday a few years ago. I just never used it so it sat in its box.

I found it a few weeks ago and put it in my jacket pocket to see how often I’d play it while out and about. The answer is LOADS.

I’m rubbish at SMB so I die a lot but it’s great fun!

Comment

I finally finished Pokémon Card GB 2, clocking in at around 28 hours in total. Woah, what a generous game for a GBC title. There's a lot to it, and there's actually even more to do now that I've finished it. I read online that if I go back and beat the end boss a second time, I unlock a further area with another 10 challenging card players to beat.

I've kinda OD'd on it recently though, so I'm going to leave that portion of the endgame for now. I had so much fun playing through this title though, and I recommend it highly to anyone who enjoys collectible card games.

Here are a few screenshots from my quest...

I actually enjoyed the game so much that I watched a few videos on YouTube about the history of the Pokémon Trading Card Game as a whole, and how the competitive meta has changed over the years, and I've even dived into playing Pokémon Trading Card Game Live on Mac, where you can play a digital version of the modern card game. I've got PTCG fever!

Comment

Today I finally started a replay of Skies Of Arcadia on Dreamcast (Via Mac emulation) and it's all coming flooding back to me. The controls probably feel a lot more of a faff now than they did back on release, but I think I'm going to really enjoy going through this again. This was the first sort of modern RPG that I genuinely loved, and I don't think I've liked another as much since, but to be fair I've not really tried. This may be a gateway in to a new liking for this type of game, as long as I can find something else as charming and light hearted!

Comment

Been playing a few ACA Neo Geo games on PS4. Finished Metal Slug 3(overrated), Burning Fight(crap) and Spinmaster(brilliant if a tad easy).

Need to buy and modify an LS-56-01 for a more authentic Neo Geo feel.

Comment

Burning Fight I suppose is crap, yet I still really enjoy it. Metal Slug 3's biggest fault is being too long, trimmed down it could've been a contender for best in the series. If the first game didn't exist. Or X.

Comment

Tbh I love Burning Fight, one of the first Neo Geo games I recall seeing in mags, playing in arcades then owning at home. Especially that jazzy music on the bonus stages. Nice choice.

Comment

I’ve got a soft spot for it too. It’s always worth a bash every year or so. A bit of a 6/10 cult classic.

Comment

I'll join the Burning Fight love in. Janky garbage, absolutely love it!

Slug 3. The last level just kills my fun with the game. Perhaps my least liked Slug from the six Neo Geo games.

Comment

Yeah. It just becomes a slog and long overstays its welcome.

Strange how the Neo Geo didn't really have any great belt action games considering the other 2D stuff that came out on it.

Comment

I was hoping Final Vendetta could become the best belt scroller on the Neo-Geo but having tried it out elsewhere it's just too hard. Looks and sounds the business though.

Comment

I enjoy the three Sengoku titles.

Comment

Undercover Cops on SFC. Never really bothered with it before, might have emulated the arcade version way back. Possibly one of those expensive games worth the dough (don't quote me unsure of current value, not cheap I bet!!). Big sprites for a snes game, cool music and it just looks great, very arcadey, that Metal Slug/In the Hunt Irem style.

Was thrilled with the first boss Terminator homage.
                              Last edited by Baseley09; 25-03-2023, 15:02.

Comment

Credit fed my way through ACA NeoGeo Mutation Nation on PS4. Yet another game that was unfairly difficult in places, although it was quite enjoyable.

Also finished Arcade Archives Bonze Adventure, better known on the PC Engine as Jigoku Meguri/Hell Explorer. Proper hard as nails platformer. Definitely one I could never see myself 1cc'ing. And with a bizarre twist at the end, where you die against the final boss and the game turns into a dreadful shmup on par with Deep Blue.

Arcade Archives Vigilante was next. Made my way to the last boss on one life and then completely fell apart. I used to be able to 1cc it back in the day, I just need to remember the final boss pattern. Had to continue as the boss only had a couple of hits left.

Law and order failed but, the Vigilante prevailed!

New Zealand Story is another one of the Arcade Archives games I played for the first time in years but stopped on stage 2-2. It's definitely not as good as I remember.

Really need to add some credit to my J-PSN account, as they have Ninja Spirit & Psycho Soldier on there, as well as a smattering of Neo Geo games we didn't get in the west - The Super Spy, Crossed Swords, Ninja Masters & Cyber Lip to name but a few.

Comment

Working...
                                X