No announcement yet.

(Retro) What have you been playing this week? Vol.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I needed a game to test my new wireless controller for the OG Xbox. Fired up Halo. 2 hours later I was still sitting there engrossed! A genuine classic.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
      I needed a game to test my new wireless controller for the OG Xbox. Fired up Halo. 2 hours later I was still sitting there engrossed! A genuine classic.
      It looks phenomenal in 4K on Series X via Master Chief collection.

I only replayed the games a little while back but I am already thinking of replaying Combat Evolved on OG Xbox after reading about the (not so good) changes made to lighting and mood in the Anniversary version.

Comment

Been starting up Saint Sword on Megadrive, face value, and also from Taito seems like a fantasy swords and sandals Rastan clone, but tbh it has more in common with Alisia Dragoon crossed with Altered Beast. Your character can pick up abilities to change into various half man / animal hybrids, so far seen a sentaur, merman and also angel wings which let you fly round the level, with a fair bit of verticality. Not just for laffs , you need to use the abilities to progress sections. Deffo more than meets the eye here.

Comment

After softmodding one of my 3DS, I found myself playing English versions of games I previosuly only played in Japanese.
          Somehow I started with Conception II, but couldn't last more than two hours, probably worse than I remember.
          I got into Stella Glow again though, despite its many flaws, like when you spend more time watching enemies pass their turn in half of the missions, or when the game decides a key character has to die and one-shots them with a critical attack at extreme range, after a 30+ minutes-long mission.

Comment

I'm a couple of hours in to a fan remake of Dragon Quest called Dragon Quest +. It's quite impressive although there doesn't seem to be a way to force it to recognise the D-Pad on on my PS5 controller, without first running it via Steam. It's relaxing and fun though, so worth the extra step.

Comment

It's almost criminal how easy it is to play isos on a ps2 now, plug a memory card in and USB stick with games on and bang, madness. I can recall a local electrician killing my original ps2 in the early 2000s trying to install a mod chip I got from Thailand. Picked up an ntsc-u fat PS2 a few minutes walk from my house for 20 quid, 10 quid freemcboot and here we are.

That said, last night fired up DoDonPachi Daioujou, minimal thoughts on it so far, I have the pc version and never really clicked with me.

Tried out Ibara for the first time, I had read some staff from Garegga worked on this, true or not you can see some influence here, enjoying this.

Comment

I should really get that sorted next time I dig my PS2 out. I have a very old school setup, with a modchip, a network adapter, a 3.5" IDE and a copy of HDLoader. State of the art circa twenty years ago

Comment

Still a good way to do it, notwithstanding the general lack of space on an IDE drive.

Comment

Working...
                  X