No announcement yet.

(Retro) What have you been playing this week? Vol.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a great WedSNESday with Nakamura last night.
    Played Chase HQ collection on Saturn, a little bit of Genesis Lion King and then moved over to the true reason for WedSNESday. Got to the last level of Axelay between us, completed Return Of Double Dragon and discussed the fact that Super Play has got some astonishingly dodgy reviews in it. Anybody who thinks that the whole '7 is average' debate is a new thing might want to read some of their old issues again.

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
      Had a great WedSNESday with Nakamura last night.
      Love it!

WedSNESday should be a national institution!

Comment

been rattling the old ps2 on a crt the last few nights; Sky oddessey, maximo & gun griffon blaze - lovely

Comment

Grandia 2 on the DC. Hate the DC pad but realised i can use my wireless PS2 pad on the DC with my Total Control Plus adapter, which makes the console playable now

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
            Grandia 2 on the DC. Hate the DC pad but realised i can use my wireless PS2 pad on the DC with my Total Control Plus adapter, which makes the console playable now
            wow - i think the DC pad is one of the most comfortable controllers out there, despite having a crap d-pad

Comment

Might just be me but i really can't stand using it. I can never get comfortable using it and the cable always seems to be in the way.

Comment

Might just be me but i really can't stand using it. I can never get comfortable using it and the cable always seems to be in the way.
                You know there is a cable grip on the back?

Comment

I have this issue aswell. Cable should start at the top of the controller, not the bottom.

Currently playing Gradius V on PS2 via PS3, PC Genjin remake on GameCube and Dragon Ninja on MAME.
                  Last edited by Jaz; 05-02-2016, 00:50.

Comment

Tell me more.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
                      Dragon Ninja on MAME.
                      I was playing this the other night.

"I'm Bad!" I shouted as I dispatched the flame-belching Karnov.
                      A laugh emanated from the kitchen from my wife.
                      "It's what he says!" I protested.
                      "Yeah, but saying it just before he does it was makes you sad."

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                        Tell me more.
                        One of these

and one of these

Wireless DC controller

Comment

Thanks!

Reached the endgame on Suikoden II. Those that know, that scene at Rockaxe. Totally forgot about it and it somewhat floored me. My daughter has been watching a lot of it too and I'm not looking forward to her seeing that part.

Comment

Revenge of the 'Gator & Super Mario Land 2 on the Game Boy, that sound chip

Had a DMG in abysmal condition that a mate gave me years ago & been in a drawer since. Bought a replica shell from a HK eBay seller & thought I'd spruce it up a bit. Dead pixel columns so did the fix on 'em & put the new shell on, kept it as original as possible, buttons & screws etc.

Didn't own one as a kid but was always borrowing 'em off pals, definitely one of my favourite systems!

Comment

I was playing revenge of gator in the super game boy. It's a great little pinball game.

Comment

Was looking at Super Game Boys the other day, again borrowed one back then but can't remember too much about it, worth having you reckon? Looks cool

Comment

Working...
                                X