(Retro) What have you been playing this week? Vol.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ready to Start tomorrow...

Last edited by ShadowDancer; 16-09-2015, 23:30.

Comment

Alright, Rolling Thunder 2 it is then! Only played the first level myself so far but it looked pretty awesome from what I saw.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
        It's the slowdown that kills MS2 for me. For me my order of preference sticks at -
        I recently bought an MVS again, the only cart I have is MS2 and once I get time, I plan on trying this out

Comment

Finally got my Pioneer PDP v402 set up in the garage. I played through Neo Drift Out the other day via composite and the difference in picture quality now the RGB Scart cable has arrived is fantastic. Also had a quick blast on Last Resort, which also looked great. Today I decided to try out the Dreamcast via VGA. Again, it looked fantastic. First I had a TATE session with Ikaruga, Shikigami No Shiro, Under Defeat and Radirgy, then a quick blast on Rez. Looking forward to working through all my other retro consoles with this amazing display.

Comment

Originally posted by mmmonkey View Post
            I recently bought an MVS again, the only cart I have is MS2 and once I get time, I plan on trying this out

http://blog.system11.org/?p=1442

I'd be interested to know how you get one with this. I much prefer 2 over X but the slowdown always stops me playing after level 2.

Comment

Originally posted by acidbearboy View Post
              Finally got my Pioneer PDP v402 set up in the garage. I played through Neo Drift Out the other day via composite and the difference in picture quality now the RGB Scart cable has arrived is fantastic. Also had a quick blast on Last Resort, which also looked great. Today I decided to try out the Dreamcast via VGA. Again, it looked fantastic. First I had a TATE session with Ikaruga, Shikigami No Shiro, Under Defeat and Radirgy, then a quick blast on Rez. Looking forward to working through all my other retro consoles with this amazing display.
              very nice - any pics!

Comment

I only took a couple. Plus it's still a skanky old garage out there!

Not had much luck hosting images with Google photos. Try this tumblr link instead.

Last edited by acidbearboy; 18-09-2015, 16:49.

Comment

Playing Sin and Punishment on the N64. I originally played it (100+ Hours easy) on wii VC..years back..but didn't complete it as I was waiting to play it on N64..i promised myself.

Anyway, the N64 controls/controller is perfect...is was weird on the Wii CC Pad...but I played it for so long, that it became normal, IMO it certainly isn't...but, because of the control scheme on Wii you really did feel a big part of the game..somehow!

I do prefer it on the N64 and I'm in my element. One of the finest games ever IMO....I'm a long way off completing it as I'm doing as I was before...1CC :-)

Comment

What controller are you using?

Comment

Just a standard N64 controller Official (Black/ebony) feels perfect :-)

Comment

I've tried both difficulty settings and I'm not finding much of a difference (this far in...)
                        May I ask which one is Normal and which is Easy (as I want to play Normal)
                        If it helps...one of the Japanese options for normal and easy looks like it says 'Pil' ......
                        Thank You :-) (Can do a picture if needed) Just I plan to have a good 4-6 hour session on this tonight....

(EDIT Sorted, default is easy....reset data and moved option to normal)
                        Last edited by ShadowDancer; 25-09-2015, 15:52.

Comment

I think in Sin and Punishment, the difficulties are written in katakana:
                          イージー Easy
                          ノーマル Normal
                          ハード Hard

Comment

Yes...that would be right, thanks noobs. Hard unlocks on completion and the middle option as you have typed kinda looks like 'Pil' onscreen..
                            Thank you :-)
                            Last edited by ShadowDancer; 25-09-2015, 16:57.

Comment

Inspired by all the RR chat of late, I started playing Ridge Racer on psp for the first time. Really impressed with it.

Comment

Originally posted by acidbearboy View Post
                                Inspired by all the RR chat of late, I started playing Ridge Racer on psp for the first time. Really impressed with it.
                                I remember playing the original PSP Ridge Racer on a US import machine. Don't think I've been that wowed by a launch game since.

Comment

Working...
                                X