(Retro) What have you been playing this week? Vol.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wools View Post
    I remember playing the original PSP Ridge Racer on a US import machine. Don't think I've been that wowed by a launch game since.
    I second that. Seeing Ridge Racers boot up for the first time on my Japanese PSP-1000 back in 2005 took my breath away.

Comment

30th Anniversary of Super Mario Bros. and all that, I've decide to replay the NES original (3DS VC version), more to re-familiarise myself with the classic mechanics especially in light of Super Mario Maker.

I've decided to try and beat the game (again) by playing through all 32 levels instead of using the 1-2 and 4-2 warp zones to "cheat". Currently at 3-1.

Sounds like an obvious thing to say with 30 years hindsight but the levels and worlds in SMB feel ridiculously small and short nowadays.
      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 27-09-2015, 21:48.

Comment

Making good progress in Ocarina of time and Sin & Punishment (Both N64) reckon I've clocked up 35+ Hours game time since Saturday (easily)
        Really enjoying the N64 at the moment. Desperately need a stick for my PS2 too tho! (arcade stuff)

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
          I second that. Seeing Ridge Racers boot up for the first time on my Japanese PSP-1000 back in 2005 took my breath away.
          One of my best days ever, the day I received my JPN PSP with Ridge and Lumines. Mindblowing.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            One of my best days ever, the day I received my JPN PSP with Ridge and Lumines. Mindblowing.
            Lumines is right up there with Tetris imo, I rate it that highly.

I was that impressed with the original PSP game that I went as far as to purchase a copy of the soundtrack from Amazon Japan.

Comment

PSP RR was as amazing a moment as seeing the original PS1 RR on import running in my living room. I must have just sat and watched the intro countless times, mouth open.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                30th Anniversary of Super Mario Bros. and all that, I've decide to replay the NES original (3DS VC version), more to re-familiarise myself with the classic mechanics especially in light of Super Mario Maker.

I've decided to try and beat the game (again) by playing through all 32 levels instead of using the 1-2 and 4-2 warp zones to "cheat". Currently at 3-1.

Sounds like an obvious thing to say with 30 years hindsight but the levels and worlds in SMB feel ridiculously small and short nowadays.
                The levels are set in memory so that doesn't help but the last world is still really tough!

Comment

I remembered earlier how I got so good at sin and punishment, besides clocking up many hours. It has a Level Select! Oh man, I really think I can beat this on one man....I'm absolutely loving it, section after section, just top drawer.
                  Treasure <3

Comment

I remember playing Ridge Racers on my Japanese PSP in the airport once, this was before it had been released over here, i had a crowd of people watching me play the game, commenting how amazing it was. Wipeout was great too.

Comment

Playing Breath of Fire 4 on the PS1 at the moment, really like the story and the graphics are lovely. There is one problem though, the crappy camera angles, it's really difficult to see things on the screen, especially in the towns. You can change the angle round to look from 4 different directions but sometimes they are all useless. Pity cause i really like the game itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                        I remember playing Ridge Racers on my Japanese PSP in the airport once, this was before it had been released over here, i had a crowd of people watching me play the game, commenting how amazing it was. Wipeout was great too.
                        Yeah I remember people being blown away by it too. I had people on trains asking me what it was, could they take a look etc. There really was nothing like it at the time.

Comment

Beat the Leon A route on RE2 N64. I haven't played through the game since it came out and I was always curious about the N64 version (which still impresses me). I'm doing the Claire B route to compliment the first run and still adjusting to the different order of everything.

Comment

Gradius 3 on the SFC, lots of slowdown, pretty fun though.

Comment

I like Gradius 3, not perfect but fun.

Been playing GT2 since I bought it at Play Expo and really enjoying it. Won almost every road race over the past week and collected loads of cool cars.

Comment

Beat all of Super Mario Land 2 except from Wario's castle about a month ago in around 45 minutes.

It wasn't until yesterday that I finally beat Wario though! I dunno if it was because I was playing it on a Super Game Boy or not but it felt much more challenging than I remember!

Comment

Working...
                                X