Originally posted by garrz32 View Post
      New week,new games

Zanac PSX
      Sapphire PCE
      Zanac nice, sapphire, wayyyy overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
        Zanac nice, sapphire, wayyyy overrated.
        Ohh the music is ace.. Happy to devote time on this.

Comment

Chu Chu Rocket on the DC. 4P Vs. Totally amazing. My son is scarily good at it. We laughed ourselves senseless and called each other names for 30 mins. Real gaming

Comment

Super Mario world 2. Never liked it when I used to rom it up in the early 2000's. Now I own it is still can't get on with it, I think it's just an annoying game would much rather play super mario world or kirby III.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
              Chu Chu Rocket on the DC. 4P Vs. Totally amazing. My son is scarily good at it. We laughed ourselves senseless and called each other names for 30 mins. Real gaming
              A heartwarming story.

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
              Super Mario world 2. Never liked it when I used to rom it up in the early 2000's. Now I own it is still can't get on with it, I think it's just an annoying game would much rather play super mario world or kirby III.
              I can see why some people wouldn't like some aspects of it, maybe enough to put them off the game, but I think it's a beauitful game with fun gameplay and lots of Nintendo magic.
              Last edited by Leon Retro; 17-02-2016, 18:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                I'll probably get lambasted for this, but I think it is Nintendo's most overrated game and not a patch on SMW. If my memory serves me correctly it was released over here at the same time as DKC2, which is an absolute masterpiece and the far superior title.

Comment

I've been playing KOF 95 and 96 on the Saturn . Amazing fighters with stunning art and music that is simply awesome. So miss the days of SNK

Comment

I never liked Yoshi's Island either. It has some nice levels however most of them are very annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                      I've been playing KOF 95 and 96 on the Saturn . Amazing fighters with stunning art and music that is simply awesome. So miss the days of SNK
                      Try emulating with Final Burn Alpha through Retroarch on your PC. You'll have full access to the entire arcade catalogue. You can even make your LCD screen look like a cracking Sony RGB reference monitor nowadays. Check out my screens in the screenshots thread.

I'm practicing KoF'98 at home this way, or at least I was until I fired up 3rd Strike last night!

(Zoom in on your phone or drag to a new tab)
                      Last edited by dataDave; 19-02-2016, 05:05.

Comment

You people poo-pooing Yoshi's Island.. dear oh dear, embarrassing stuff. It's an unbridled, exuberant work of art- the concluding evolution of the 2D platformer no less, the end of an era. (Incidentally, DKC and its sequels, as good as they are, basically represent everything that YI isn't trying to do).

I've been playing Quake 64, in the way it was intended: with the lights off and headphones on loud. Been surprised at how good it looks and plays, it's a great port. There's even an option in the settings which allows you to turn off the N64 anti-aliasing, and it makes everything look 'nicer'.

Currently on level 19, and each of the levels now require much trial and planning before you can attempt a complete run through.
                        Last edited by Tetsuo; 19-02-2016, 15:03.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                          Try emulating with Final Burn Alpha through Retroarch on your PC. You'll have full access to the entire arcade catalogue
                          I've been using that Retroarch for other emu's and have to say its the best emu program around . I also love SF III it's a classic

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post
                            You people poo-pooing Yoshi's Island.. dear oh dear, embarrassing stuff. It's an unbridled, exuberant work of art- the concluding evolution of the 2D platformer no less, the end of an era. (Indecently, DKC and its sequels, as good as they are, basically represent everything that YI isn't trying to do).
                            It's my favourite platform game 20 years on, It hasn't aged one bit.

Comment

I don't know what you guys see in it, apart from it looking good, as a platform game the play mechanics are fail for me, and the shrill noise when you lose baby Mario leaves me reaching for the off button.

It ain't Kirby's Dream land, 3.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                                Flashback, whilst clumsy is super cool. Only issue is it really lacks consistent music so it feels a bit lifeless at times.
                                Although it sacrifices the rotoscoped animation in exchange for ugly CGI that hasn't aged particularly well, it's the addition of a rather atmospheric soundtrack that makes the Mega CD version definitive in my opinion.

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                                I've been using that Retroarch for other emu's and have to say its the best emu program around . I also love SF III it's a classic
                                SFIII is beyond a classic... For me it's the best fighter ever created. And this is coming from someone who loves, and I mean LOVES, Garou: MotW.

Comment

Working...
                                X