Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
    Planet X3 arrived along with Planet X2 (I forgot you got X2 as a bonus!).

You get some nice goodies inside. The sticker got bent but no big deal. You could get this on either a 5.25" or 3.5" floppy but since my 5.25 drive needs some repairs I decided to go for a 3.5" floppy.

The manual is really nice and detailed. I wish I had a setup capable of running cga composite.

I don't own a C64 currently and I'm not sure how well X2 would actually run on it since I'm assuming it's NTSC but it'll be interesting to find out.

The VGA mode looks really nice.
    Ah, someone is a fan of the 8bit guy. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
      Ah, someone is a fan of the 8bit guy. Nice.
      For sure, that guy has some of the best content on YouTube.

Comment

Today's post, sorry for the crappy camera photo quality

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post

Nice

Why is GoldenEye bigger than the other boxes?

I love Japanese N64 box art.

Comment

Puyo puyon party is not a easy one to find, not cheap either.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
              Nice

Why is GoldenEye bigger than the other boxes?

I love Japanese N64 box art.
              That's actually a game guide for GoldenEye, the angle of the photo is a bit deceptive

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                True, I've been struggling to find it for years for those reasons. I finally bit the bullet though and picked it up for a decent-ish price. None of these are in particularly amazing condition, but they're not too shabby either.

Comment

Can't be worse than finding and paying for a ClayFighter Sculptor's Cut CIB

Comment

i dread to think what the prices are nowdays of N64 stuff as it seems to have gained popularity.

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post

I'd never heard of MRC but I love old racers, so I've snapped up a copy on Amazon.

Please post about how the horse racing game plays once you've played it.

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
                        I'd never heard of MRC but I love old racers, so I've snapped up a copy on Amazon.

Please post about how the horse racing game plays once you've played it.
                        Oh man, you should have emulated it first. MRC is like most N64 racers. Lovely big cars that look solid but controls like crap, runs slow and not very fun Back in the day I was looking forward to this one but it didn't live up to its looks.

Comment

I never expect much from racers from that generation - there's the occasional gem, but they are few and far between - but I enjoy trying them and usually find their faults to be part of their charm.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                            Oh man, you should have emulated it first. MRC is like most N64 racers. Lovely big cars that look solid but controls like crap, runs slow and not very fun Back in the day I was looking forward to this one but it didn't live up to its looks.
                            I remember the screenshots looked really impressive, so I had high hopes for it. Turned out to look like a foggy mess. Such a terrible game that made me glad I also had a PS1 for racing games.

Comment

Pretty much what everyone else has said. It is one of the better N64 racers and you'll get a reasonable amount of fun from MRC while it lasts (it has a nice arcade charm, at least), but it's far off the pace of the PSX and Saturn's best.

The only arcade/rally racer of real substance on the N64 is V-Rally '99 in my opinion. Top Gear Rally is okay, too.

Comment

i dread to think what the prices are nowdays of N64 stuff as it seems to have gained popularity.
                                Apart from a handful of elite titles, Japanese N64 software prices have held steady for several years now, and in quite a lot of cases have actually dropped – even the mainline NCL titles. As Yakumo can probably testify, you can pick up bundles/game lots of N64 stuff in Japan for relative peanuts on the likes of Amazon and Yahoo Japan.

It's the US and PAL stuff which has doubled, tripled, and worse, in price. Because the system was a huge success in the US, it's that 90s generation of gamers who are now holding the purse-strings, and have driven up the prices accordingly.

You lot can probably guess my collection is 100% JPN. But I've around ~20 US version games for the titles that didn't get released in Japan at all.
                                Last edited by Tetsuo; 08-03-2019, 00:56.

Comment

Working...
                                X