No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I miss not been able to play guncon stuff sucks that plasma technology is not compatible would have loved to have the point blank games.

Comment

There's a sort of work around I saw https://www.retrorgb.com/the-lightgu...available.html

There's an alternative if you want to emulate instead of using real consoles - https://www.retrorgb.com/sinden-emulator-lightgun.html

Comment

I had no idea people were working on stuff like that, pretty cool.

Comment

More Megadrivin'

Maybe need to start being a bit more choosey (read: not using eBay while half cut) though, as the condition's not great on some of these. Oops.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
            More Megadrivin'

Maybe need to start being a bit more choosey (read: not using eBay while half cut) though, as the condition's not great on some of these. Oops.
            I have Hellfire and Streets of Rage(my original copy from Xmas 1991). That Fire Shark sleeve looks pretty rough.

It's good to have the uncensored Japanese copy of Final Fight CD.

Comment

Yeah, the port seems to be getting a lot of stick in the Retrospective thread but personally I love it. I think the soundtrack’s great and outside of the mythical x68k it’s by far the best port to a home console.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                im using 12% 40 volume peroxide cream got a litre bottle off amazon for £6 although it's now at £10 the stronger you can get it the faster it will work.

Looking at the questions and answer bit, when two worlds collide:

Question: Hi, to those who have used this to remove yellowing from old plastic (aka Retr0Bright). Did you just use this on its own?
                Answer: No . It was used along with tint for doing a hair colouring.
                I'm interested to see how this goes. I have a couple of things I'd like to try it with. I was planning to wait until summer and hope we get a few days sunshine! I watch 8 bit guy pretty regularly. He has it so easy living in Texas!

Comment

Strong sunshine isn’t something easily gotten in the uk, can guarantee the second you pull out the peroxide bottle the clouds will appear all day. Must admit I’m envious of those places that can rely on the sun. Hate hot weather with a passion but using the sun as a hobby tool that’s different matter lol.

Ended up burning my hands last night I thought I had washed it all off, 10 mins later my hands looked the same colour as a ghost with dotted white patches of oxidisation and it stinging a bit but it did quickly vanish so no harm done at 40 volume definitely wear gloves. forgot you can mix in vanish stain remover to enhance the whitening action it's been on all day the light while i have been at work it's lighter but still more off white than pure. Gonna have to look online to see what colour a new one was meant to be, off to poundland tomorrow to pick up some vanish powder though to give a try.

{edit} hmm so this is what im aiming for it looks like the colour should at least match the white of the start & select buttons. Mines not quite there yet.
                  Last edited by importaku; 05-04-2019, 17:27.

Comment

And the remaining popn games arrived all ok apart from anime melody which has a pretty scuffed up disk it still works but it will be getting replaced at some point but least the manual & case are pristine.

Comment

It's looking good so far, definitely something I want to try in summer.

Comment

I realised i forgot one step of retrobrighting i didn't buy any vanish stain remover powder. In the usa they use oxyclean but vanish is a similar product went and picked up a tub from poundland, i have mixed up one more batch adding a couple of scoops of vanish into the peroxide cream. It's glowing like crazy under the uv. Seems adding that it supercharges the process. Will leave it under there for the rest of the day and see what it looks like tonight.

This will probably be the final attempt as i have used nearly all the bottle of peroxide.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                          Will leave it under there for the rest of the day and see what it looks like tonight.
                          I hope it looks good after all the effort you've put in.

Comment

My quest for cheap (sub £5) PSP games continues.

My local CEX has a very poor selection of PSP games (unsurprisingly really), so I’m going to have to go further a field (L’pool) to see what I can find. In the interim, I’m scouring eBay for any bargains to be had.

Managed to find this for £2.40.

Comment

Decided to call it quits with any more brightening as i think it's as good as it's going to get, vanish powder did a hell of a increase on lightening it. Hard to get accurate shots as my room light is warm yellow led light so it makes it look yellowed so i used my flash to correct it a little. Because it was only slightly yellowed it's not as satisfyingly dramatic as a banana famicom hehe.

This is what i was working with before i took the peroxide to it, slightly creamy edition

And this is after (without & with flash)

Last edited by importaku; 06-04-2019, 19:21.

Comment

Top job mister. Back to white is hard to achieve. Back to original Amiga cream colour is easy by comparison so good job.

Comment

Working...
                                X