Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colin View Post
    Team Andromeda, Nakamura, give it a rest with the bickering please.
    Bickering? Drawing some life into this often barren place.

Comment

A BVM tends to be 1000TVL IIRC so yeah, a BVM should have the best image. Unfortunately though if you want a 20F1E you'll probably have to shell out 300 big ones like Shozuki did. My 20M4E was 20 quid.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
        Bickering? Drawing some life into this often barren place.
        Life? Taking digs at each other about decorating and dredging up long forgotten arguments, chasing each other around two threads? Play it out however you like, but if you both want to act like a couple of kids don't be surprised when you get put on the naughty step.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
          A BVM tends to be 1000TVL IIRC so yeah, a BVM should have the best image. Unfortunately though if you want a 20F1E you'll probably have to shell out 300 big ones like Shozuki did. My 20M4E was 20 quid.
          With that sort of spec, it's little wonder the image is mint.

When I have spare cash, I'd be crazy enough to splash ?300 on a BVM. Sadly, wallet is too light at the moment. It's interesting to know about this sort of thing, so I'll keep it in mind and might end up with a BVM at some point. I know people are snapping them up all over the place, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
            Life? Taking digs at each other about decorating and dredging up long forgotten arguments, chasing each other around two threads? Play it out however you like, but if you both want to act like a couple of kids don't be surprised when you get put on the naughty step.
            Think you are going OTT. It's only a debate and disagreement, Harldly a slaging match and one would expect old arguments in a retro section to come back up now and again

Comment

My 20M4E was 20 quid.
              Score! Got one (allegedly) arriving this week, didn't pay much more than that but if it arrives in one piece I'll eat my 1CHIP, ha

Comment

Had to go and pick this one up myself, was alright with help of my Dad's work van. My smaller units were posted - bit of a lottery on the shape they'll arrive in!

Comment

This one's coming from Belgium, asked if it could come on a pallet but apparently too expensive.

The chap seems to have loads of 'em & is posting all over - & they're turning up knacked, surprise. He delayed sending it while he got some 'wooden protectors'

Definite irresponsible purchase as there's a finite number of these things left.

Was gutted about missing out on a local 20F1E with a 4.5k runtime so took the punt! I'll either be mega chuffed or taking it to the tip

Comment

I think PVMs are best shipped face down due to how the weight is distributed to avoid damage - at least that is what I read over on shmups.system11.

Comment

This is what the seller said last week, check it out

"I've had serious problems shipping these heavy screens internationally. All but one arrived undamaged. Four arrived completely destroyed. So last week I pulled all screens from shipping and ordered wooden protectors to ship in. Its no use taking the gamble. After filing a complaint I heard GLS personnel have been thrashing these things on purpose because of the weight (32 kilos). The maximum weight for GLS is 40 kilos. Which last week they decided to bring down. So you see I'm the only one losing in this story, because I had to replace the damaged goods. For one guy in Sweden I had to send three screens. All were damaged, but of three screens he made one good working. Anyway tomorrow everything will be ready, including your screen. I'll throw in a little extra for your patience. I'm sure you understand. And also cheapest price for this weight and special handling was 147euro. So GLS it is."

Comment

I think PVMs are best shipped face down due to how the weight is distributed to avoid damage - at least that is what I read over on shmups.system11.
                        My PVM was shipped like this...

Came through unscathed apart from cosmetic damage that was there long before it was sent...

I still haven't tested it properly past powering it up but if it does turn out to be non working I won't be too fussed as it was only ?20 delivered.

Neil

Comment

Not really retro but what went into it was

Have all the gameboy Goemon games (minus the ****e one) however this one is very special to me so it now has it's own protection to keep it safe. Shame theres a bit too much room around it but i have yet to find one for Jpn GB boxes that has a closer fit. Still it's more than ok for the job.

Comment

My RGB Modded N64 arrived today with some great games (Thank yous to Speedy) Sadly, I'm still awaiting an RGB Scart, when it arrives, i'll do a few pix with some of the other games....I do however have this beauty...can't wait to play on original hardware.

Sin & Punishment <3

Comment

Oooo enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post

Sin & Punishment <3

I've also got a boxed copy of that. Love the art work. It's a cool game and looks pretty nice using RGB. I feel like getting my N64 out of storage and having a go.

Comment

Working...
                                X