No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope ,I'm still aiming for 10 you have to have at least a couple of KoF's in the ten and I prefer 96,97,98 and 99 and this one popped up from a seller I've bought from before and he offered it me for £100 and free postage when i messaged him so I couldn't refuse at that price, well I couldn't anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
      Yeah, it has the 'cool factor' and the huge range of cart colours/styles is really appealing. The reasonable prices for most games is also a plus point. A few are very expensive though, but I don't think many go above £100.

It's all about fueling a passion for retro gaming.
      It's a nice touch! I've barely got any and I'm already pleased with how different they all look.

Just as well the carts look good, I'm being a cheapskate - unboxed games only for this machine I think!

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
        I'm being a cheapskate - unboxed games only for this machine I think!
        Yeah, even buying cart-only is fun because of the immense variety. I've always thought the 'Salamander' cart looks really cool. And it's also a really good game. That Xevious cart looks very elaborate.

One recommendation: 'Splatterhouse Wanpaku Graffiti '. That's a really fun Famicom game that also has a nice cart. A bit expensive but worth it.
        Last edited by Leon Retro; 24-09-2019, 21:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
          It's a nice touch! I've barely got any and I'm already pleased with how different they all look.

Just as well the carts look good, I'm being a cheapskate - unboxed games only for this machine I think!
          I do like that salamanda cart. Very nice. Needs a green LED in there to really boost the cool factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
            I do like that salamanda cart. Very nice. Needs a green LED in there to really boost the cool factor.
            Don't some Irem titles have a red LED on the cart, or is it another company that did that?

Comment

a few items from the past few months

Last edited by beecee; 26-09-2019, 10:40.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumLeap View Post
                Nope ,I'm still aiming for 10 you have to have at least a couple of KoF's in the ten and I prefer 96,97,98 and 99 and this one popped up from a seller I've bought from before and he offered it me for £100 and free postage when i messaged him so I couldn't refuse at that price, well I couldn't anyway.
                If you are only going for 10, then 98 is all you need

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                  Don't some Irem titles have a red LED on the cart, or is it another company that did that?
                  Pretty sure it’s irem, sort of an external power indicator light a neat little addition.

Comment

My sideline of c64 carts is growing , this one has some really great sid chip music to boot as well as being a shooter.

Comment

English translations of Goemon 1 and Metal Slader Glory, also got the boxed with manual Open Golf for £6!
                      Last edited by vanpeebles; 27-09-2019, 07:53.

Comment

Yay goemon.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                          Yay goemon.

Comment

They should have stopped at the design era of number 5 in that article as the new age goemon games & design were hot garbage in fact most of the playstation goemon games were not that much cop either.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                              They should have stopped at the design era of number 5
                              Yeah, the SNES designs are ideal.

The 2001 game lacks all the charm that made the SNES games so special.

Comment

After the masterpieces of the super famicom era it was painful watching Konami give goemon to various teams to make games. As quite a few churned out rubbish games I love goemon probably more than any other game series but I can’t bring myself to play the lacklustre goemon titles. Least he went out with a bang on the ds as his last game was a total joy.

Comment

Working...
                                X