No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprisingly simple these super guns, but it's the way you've built it that impresses, normally they look a bit, well, crap.

Comment

Americans tend to shove in a video converter for component, we need no such thing with native RGB via SCART.

Comment

Lovely SNES Mini, Pete! And the DS Lite is nice Speedy!

Comment

Spotted this the other day and snapped it up as I'd never seen it before. Some of you may know that I'm a fan of Assault Suits Valken, so my curiosity got the better of me.

It contains level maps, character and enemy profiles, mech schematics and even a little manga story. Very pleased!

Comment

Started this today
            Rotating sessions with Sin and Punishment..no issues, very different games.
            In Gaming Paradise. :-)

Comment

Any chance of some photos of the Valken book contents? I imagine there is some great artwork inside.

Comment

Sure, I'll see if I can get a few shots tomorrow. I'll do my best with a point and shoot in a very dark flat!

Comment

Finally got around to buying a PS1 RGB scart lead which turned up today, jesus but the difference was jaw droppingly brilliant from composite! Which was only to be expected, but just wow.

Comment

Yeah, PlayStation RGB is exceptional.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                      Finally got around to buying a PS1 RGB scart lead which turned up today, jesus but the difference was jaw droppingly brilliant from composite! Which was only to be expected, but just wow.
                      Yeah, PS1 RGB looks really nice. I went back to the PS1 a few months ago and was playing some 2D games - and loved how sharp and vibrant the image was.

Comment

It's just been so long since I played a PS1 through RGB on a CRT I think my brain had forgotten how good the output actually was, Zanac Neo looked absolutely superb!

Comment

Official cables look especially good and conforms to all standards.

On my old Ferguson, I could turn the PlayStation on and it would power on the TV to the correct aspect ratio. Powered off the PS and it turned the TV off.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                            It's just been so long since I played a PS1 through RGB on a CRT I think my brain had forgotten how good the output actually was, Zanac Neo looked absolutely superb!
                            Zanac Neo is an amazing game - are we going to see you in the 1CC thread soon?

Comment

I actually have 1CC'd a few games in the last few weeks. The RGB also helped Thunder Force V a bit as I could see the enemy bullets better now, not so many instadeaths. Game's still garbage mind you.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                                Official cables look especially good and conforms to all standards.

On my old Ferguson, I could turn the PlayStation on and it would power on the TV to the correct aspect ratio. Powered off the PS and it turned the TV off.
                                Think my PS2 Scart is one of the Blaze ones & that has been pretty impressive over the years.

I did have an official scart with my PS1 but that has got lost over the years.
                                In actual fact I still remember buying it from Special Reserve at Lakeside (wasn't an actual store but a concession in Debenhams back in the day) & originally the only reason I got one was because I wanted to do the swap disc trick & if I didn't I just had black & white picture.

Back then I wasn't honestly that worried as long as it looked ok but once I got on the RGB for the PS1 everything after had to have one & never looked back

Comment

Working...
                                X