No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have never heard of Devestation but I always love checking out early to mid 2000 games that fell through the cracks.

Comment

I hadn't bought anything retro in a while so I decided to treat myself to a nice little xmas present.

I haven't played Bangaio in years and I forgot how great it is. I just wish it supported the fighting pad, as I really try to avoid ever using that god awful stock DC controller.

I bought the Saturn to replace my old white one which was turning irretrievably yellow (retrobrite no longer worked) and had a failing optical drive. This smoke coloured one works great and as a bonus, it's much happier booting CDRs so I can play the English translation of Sakura Taisen. (my old one either didn't load CDRs at all, or there was lots of corruption on screen). I think I'll ripp my Grandia discs too and patch them as well. These black transparent Saturns go for a small fortune on eBay but they're not too bad on Yahoo Japan. Such a nice bit of kit, I do love the Saturn.
      Last edited by Kotatsu Neko; 26-12-2019, 07:09.

Comment

Nice SEGA themed gets. Like the This Is Cool Saturn - mind saying how much it cost on Yahoo?

Comment

22,000yen, with controller and cables. No box though, but I'm never going to sell it so I don't mind. Condition is immaculate, it looks brand new.

It's a nice match to the smoke grey Retrobit wireless Saturn pad. Actually on the subject of the Retrobit pad, I have some new beta firmware for it now which reduces the lag quite a bit. It's still some way off being fixed, but it's a lot better.

Comment

Decent price! Condition looks great too. The This Is Cool/Derby Stallion machines are way cooler than the white one imo.

I wub my grey one though.

Comment

[MENTION=6808]Cepp[/MENTION]

I have a small collection of older PC games but I mostly avoid buying physical copies of games from around that era and newer because I fear their DRM must be terribly restrictive and crippling. I'm thinking of Tagès, SecuROM or even Games for Windows - LIVE.

How do you handle that sort of DRM? Do you look for cracks and patches that remove it?

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
                @Cepp

I have a small collection of older PC games but I mostly avoid buying physical copies of games from around that era and newer because I fear their DRM must be terribly restrictive and crippling. I'm thinking of Tagès, SecuROM or even Games for Windows - LIVE.

How do you handle that sort of DRM? Do you look for cracks and patches that remove it?
                I play a lot of them on period correct versions of Windows so it doesn't tend to be an issue. If I'm playing on Windows 10 I will often have to resort to cracks and patches though.

For newer retail games from the 360 era that have more intrusive DRM there's usually a patch of some kind to remove it, but it's quite rare that I buy physical copies of those games tbh.

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Home is a god send in this regard.
                Last edited by Cepp; 22-12-2019, 19:08.

Comment

Starfox command & Dragon quest V arrived today, Dragon quests previous owner still has their saves on the cart so i shall back those up to my PC to keep as he managed to get to level 99 in a 100+ hour save file. I like to keep the previous owners saves as you find some fun stuff especially in WFC compatible games.

Comment

Treated myself to a DS and GBA for Xmas. The famicom games were from Hirst, we both set a spend limit and a list of what games we had, and had to surprise each other. The Fammydodd Christmas Card Company has improved on their designs too!

Comment

Here's my Christmas lineup from VP above!

Going to be spending the time between Christmas and New Year playing my new (old) games!

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                        Treated myself to a DS and GBA for Xmas.
                        Rolling Thunder, Goemon, Final Fight One, and Mario Kart Super Circuit.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                          Rolling Thunder, Goemon, Final Fight One, and Mario Kart Super Circuit.
                          That’s how we play them playings round these parts.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                            That’s how we play them playings round these parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post

LOL

Better than my part of the world. Here's how we play in my neck of the woods

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X