No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't get an official scart anywhere...

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
      Think my PS2 Scart is one of the Blaze ones & that has been pretty impressive over the years.

I did have an official scart with my PS1 but that has got lost over the years.
      In actual fact I still remember buying it from Special Reserve at Lakeside (wasn't an actual store but a concession in Debenhams back in the day) & originally the only reason I got one was because I wanted to do the swap disc trick & if I didn't I just had black & white picture.

Back then I wasn't honestly that worried as long as it looked ok but once I got on the RGB for the PS1 everything after had to have one & never looked back
      that ps2 blaze RGB scart lead is equally as good as the offical lead and probably just as hard to find.

Comment

Started to pick up some PS1 games lately ,both in mint condition with spine as well.

Comment

Originally posted by garrz32 View Post
          Started to pick up some PS1 games lately ,both in mint condition with spine as well.
          Those look nice

Still really want a copy of Silhouette Mirage just not sure if I want it on Saturn or PS1

Comment

Jammy.

I never buy anything unless I'm guaranteed a spine card... ;~;

Comment

How are they? Not sure I've ver owned either but have watched vids of both in the last few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                How are they? Not sure I've ver owned either but have watched vids of both in the last few days.

Night Raid is hard as nails ..

Silhouette Mirage is fantastic,I think the saturn version is better tbh, but am not buying anymore systems

Comment

Might keep SM in mind then. Well, if Zanac ever comes out of the machine that is!

Comment

Originally posted by garrz32 View Post
                    Love the 'Tina Turner' esq 'power up' sample in Night raid. Always raises a smile!

Comment

Night Raid is one of the best shooters on the PlayStation. Well worth picking up IMHO.

Comment

Not sure if this is the right forum as this isn't a true retro game but it is of a deliberately retro type.

Just downloaded and burned the Dreamcast port of Volgarr The Viking now released as freeware.

The graphics are as good as they need to be but in that respect you would be forgiven for thinking that this game really did come from a much earlier era than it in fact does. What I've tried so far is also old school 2D hack and slash/platformer and feels authentically tough too right from the start.

It probably wasn't an original idea in the first place but I immediately recognised they've 'borrowed' at least one bit of platforming gameplay from Lara Croft: The Guardian Of Light ie. spear throwing into walls to aid climbing. There are also some pole jumping/climbing/descending bits which immediately reminded me of Tomb Raider 4 as well.

Comment

My Pandora's Box 3 540 in 1 version arrived today so it was a good chance to see if the Super Gun the local guy built actually worked.

It did work but the plonker didn't add and audio to the 21 pin RGB cable! Instead he wired it to a f-ing loud speaker inside the joystick. It actually sounds really nice but I want stereo and proper bass so I'm going to have to rewire that myself. Also, the 6th button on the stick seems to be always on according to the Pandora's Box OS screen. Can't use heavy kick in Capcom fighters May need to look in to that. The stick is cool though since the credits and player start are mapped to the select and start buttons.

The baby Supergun. Seems to work just fine. Need to think about a case for it though.

The set up in full. I'll be encasing all the cables soon.

The holes are for the speaker.

Some shots from the RGB image via the Framemeister. They were taken with the phone so they look a bit crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                            My Pandora's Box 3 540 in 1 version arrived today so it was a good chance to see if the Super Gun the local guy built actually worked.

It did work but the plonker didn't add and audio to the 21 pin RGB cable! Instead he wired it to a f-ing loud speaker inside the joystick. It actually sounds really nice but I want stereo and proper bass so I'm going to have to rewire that myself. Also, the 6th button on the stick seems to be always on according to the Pandora's Box OS screen. Can't use heavy kick in Capcom fighters May need to look in to that. The stick is cool though since the credits and player start are mapped to the select and start buttons.

The baby Supergun. Seems to work just fine. Need to think about a case for it though.

The set up in full. I'll be encasing all the cables soon.

The holes are for the speaker.

Some shots from the RGB image via the Framemeister. They were taken with the phone so they look a bit crap.

Oooh that's nice.

I bet you don't know what to play next now do you??

That would be my entire problem...too much choice.

Neil

Comment

JAMMA as a standard doesn't support all the buttons for Capcom fighters. You need a kick harness.

I should really build myself a supergun one of these days. Cost of a high quality power supply kinda puts me off - yes I know I don't need to use a good quality power supply.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                                Oooh that's nice.

I bet you don't know what to play next now do you??

That would be my entire problem...too much choice.

Neil
                                Too right. I did have a blast on Sunset Riders and DoDonpachi tonight. So many great games to choose from and some really odd Asian knock offs too from Korea it would seem.,

Ah, a kick harness is needed? The guy said the stick is wired to 6 buttons but I guess he means the button in the stick are wired not that they are automatically compatible with 6 button games. OK, I'll see where I can pick up a kick harness from.

Comment

Working...
                                X