Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
    It's a series that completely passed me by as a kid. I was happy enough with Micro Machines I guess. I've been getting into it more recently though and really enjoying it.

That RC Grand Prix has some brutal sound effects but the gameplay looks fun. RC De Go for the arcade/PSX is really good as well.
    I played the Pro Am games long before the Micro Machines games existed lol

Yeah the effects Grand Prix weren't great lol
    It's just a game that holds a special place in my heart
    It was actually one of the games I got on Christmas day when me & my brother were given our Master System (other games were Pro Wrestling & Transbot lol)

I never played RC De Go but I did get a copy of Team Losi Racing for the PlayStation which I hoped would be just as fun & rekindle my love for those games but it wasn't & didn't lol

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post

Took a while to get here from Canada. I was starting to think it may have got lost.
      That box art brings back so many memories of buying a second hand NES with a collection of games -- and RC Pro-Am was one of the highlights. It may be quite a simple game, but it's really polished and addictive.
      The title music gives me a nostalgia overdose.

Comment

Talking about music...

Image BAC4-EC7-B-B598-4-A25-BBA6-0-DB5-B6-D97231 hosted in ImgBB

4 cd collection, 1, 2, dx, 3 and 4 / rare tracks

Comment

Bought Sega Rally, X-Men vs. Street Fighter and sakura wars columns recently for the Sega Saturn. Unfortunately the prices for retro games has shot right up at Hard Off/Book Offs in Japan and the ones near me dont have much of a selection anyway. Sometimes their prices are higher than the scalpers on ebay, I was quite shocked to see them have a Neo Geo AES which was in ok condition for over 53,000 yen ($500). For me that was way too much but someone must have bought it as it was gone a couple of days later.

Comment

I really wanted to play the recent translation of Star Ocean: Blue Sphere on my original Gameboy so bought this for £35 on eBay:

It's my first and only flash cart for any system but at that price I could easily justify getting one just for Star Ocean. Hard to believe that, in the era of PS2 and Xbox, a game would be released that worked on the original GB hardware and pushed it way beyond what most people thought was technically possible.

But a flash cart being a flash cart, I couldn't just have one game on there now, could I? My fear with flash carts has always been that I'd put so many games on there that I'd play "what game to play next" far more than any game actually on there, so I decided to curate my very own Hong Kong 32 in 1 pirate cart. And here's my list of games:

Alleyway
            Batman
            Boxxle 2
            Castlevania II - Belmont's Revenge
            Chikyuu Kaihou Gun ZAS
            Contra
            Double Dragon
            Final Fantasy Adventure
            Gargoyle's Quest
            Harvest Moon
            King of Fighters - Heat of Battle
            Legend of Zelda - Link's Awakening
            Mega Man V
            Metroid II - Return of Samus
            Monster Max
            Nemesis II
            Nettou Samurai Spirits - Zankurou Musouken
            Ninja Spirit
            Pokemon Gold
            Pokemon Yellow
            Prince of Persia
            Puzzle Road
            Qix
            R-Type
            Sensible Soccer - European Champions
            Star Ocean - Blue Sphere
            Super Mario Land
            Super Mario Land 2
            Sword of Hope II
            Tetris
            Trip World
            World Circuit Series

So anyone care to rate my 32 in 1? Any games you'd take out and add different ones in? I'm thinking of taking the Samurai Spirits game out as it's a little disappointing and slow, not as playable as the KoF game for sure.

Edit: yep, it’s coming out. I forgot to put Revenge of the Gator in there!!
            Last edited by samanosuke; 15-06-2020, 19:08.

Comment

Be curious to know how you get along with that, nearly bought one of those simply because they're so cheap. Feature list seems solid, just wondering how they compared to an ED X7 - although I got one of those last year.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                Be curious to know how you get along with that, nearly bought one of those simply because they're so cheap. Feature list seems solid, just wondering how they compared to an ED X7 - although I got one of those last year.
                Works fine - drag and drop. Most ROMs load up quick too and saves are supported. No save states though but for £35 what do you expect?

There was an even cheaper GB flash cart on eBay called GB Pro that was around the £30 mark, but there was nothing about it online or on Youtube so for the sake of an extra fiver I opted for the tried and tested product.

Comment

Not too fussed on save states, I mainly got the X7 for RTC in gen 2 Pokémon games - which I understand this has? Pretty neat.

Comment

Not too fussed on save states, I mainly got the X7 for RTC in gen 2 Pokémon games - which I understand this has? Pretty neat.
                    I believe so which is why I bought it. It also has a socket for the battery for easy replacement.

I take it Harvest Moon uses the RTC? I’ll give it a try and feed back.

Edit: well Harvest Moon works fine and time passes...
                    Last edited by samanosuke; 15-06-2020, 20:18.

Comment

I found the RTC setting in the menu so can confirm 100% that it does have this feature.

Comment

The 360 is strangely retro yet still quasi current in my mind as the first TF game came out in 2010 and 2012 for the sequel a decade ago and the console launched way back in 2005, three generations ago by usual standards only being replaced in 2013.

The elongation of the last generational cycle that lasted eight years for it...distorts things. It basically the same difference as NES to Gamecube but does not feel it...

War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron to play once I get the 360 back from my nieces!

Do these count? always wanted some Binaltech as they are 1x24 scale and look better than Scalextrix cars.

Plus a Classic Generation One version of Risk

Last edited by CAPCOM; 17-06-2020, 17:59.

Comment

Best 30 quid I've spent on a dc game in a while,

Comment

I've still not tried Xeno Crisis, the videos on youtube look good. Out of interest, have you tried the Mega Drive as a comparison?

Ooh, I see they sell a digital copy of it too.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumLeap View Post
                              Best 30 quid I've spent on a dc game in a while,

Was hoping they'd ship the MVS copies this month. I guess that release has been delayed.

Comment

Originally posted by mmmonkey View Post
                                I've still not tried Xeno Crisis, the videos on youtube look good. Out of interest, have you tried the Mega Drive as a comparison?

Ooh, I see they sell a digital copy of it too.
                                Yes, I have that version to, if you like Smash TV then it'll be right up your street.

Dc looks crisp through vga, has full speech intro compared to the mega version with occasional speech in game to. No load screens either , bonus. Same levels , bosses and difficulty levels, overall just a little crisper than the mega drive version same goes for the audio.

Comment

Working...
                                X