No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's basically how my Sony MSX monitor looks. Perfect for 15kHz.

Comment

Originally posted by CAPCOM View Post
      I had a CM8833-II Monitor that was fantastic and could even expand the screen size play an NTSC US SNES and make SFII full screen in 1992. Plus the pixel lines even made it look like a coin-op.
      That's the monitor I used with my Amiga, Mega Drive and SNES for a few years. As you say -- you could stretch the image, so I did that with Amiga games to make them full-screen. Such a nice feature.

When I imported SF2 for the SNES, I decided I needed a big screen, so I saved up for a 25" Trinitron. I was happy to use that throughout the '90s until widescreen became a thing. I'll always have fond memories of CM8833-II though.

Comment

Another one ticked off the list been looking for a nice condition copy of Cellophanes for a while another unusual game to say the least. A compilation of fake arcade games from the 70's/80's bit like game center cx they emulate the style but were never real games.

The game works with lightguns as well as the mouse & paddle controller may have to try and find the paddle controller for the pong stuff.

ゲームが下手っぴなので、どんなチャンネルになるかわかりませんが、ゲームや購入品を紹介してくためのチャンネルです。注意:ゲーム攻略チャンネルではありません。   ゲーム関係以外の動画もあるかもしれません。09時に公開動画は、ゲーム紹介18時公開動画は、ゲームプレイ+福袋開封+購入紹介+メンテナンス・改造などと、自分...
        Last edited by importaku; 24-08-2020, 00:01.

Comment

Managed to find a new paddle controller, tempted to get arkanoid returns now.

Comment

Ooooh how much and where?

Comment

Originally posted by paulus View Post
              Ooooh how much and where?
              Won it off ebay ended up going for £60 a little higher than i wanted but it does mean i can play cellophanes with precision as block games really do need a spinner for controlling the paddle. This morning i got an email from the seller saying it's part of a set and do i want the other parts of the set it came with at no extra cost he then sent me these pics.

Looks like i have a free copy of namco museum vol 2 to use with it as well, a nice score. Wasn't even aware there was a version of namco museum like this the only set i have ever seen is that big binder that you store all the games in.

Last edited by importaku; 25-08-2020, 12:20.

Comment

Yay my offer was accepted so thats Arkanoid purchased too, thats me done now for this week.

Comment

Wow, that's really generous of that Ebay seller. That's a great set for £60 IMO.

Originally posted by importaku
                  Yay my offer was accepted so thats Arkanoid purchased too, thats me done now for this week.

Who are you trying to convince mate, us or yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    Wow, that's really generous of that Ebay seller. That's a great set for £60 IMO.

Who are you trying to convince mate, us or yourself?
                    [/COLOR]
                    Yeah when i got the email from the seller i was thinking here we go what problem is it now, but was pleasantly surprised when he asked if i wanted the rest of the set especially as it all looks pretty much unused. He will be getting glowing feedback i think.

I'd like to say im convincing me but if i see something that's at risk of been snapped up and not easily found my resolve & credit card will crumble fast LOL. That's the pain with retro stuff sometimes it's a big risk waiting as you never know if one in the same or better condition will come along any time soon. Sometimes it can be weeks/months or even years till one pops up again for certain items.

Especially PS1 there are some games so uncommon they rarely ever turn up on ebay so you have to camp out on Amazon J/Yahoo auctions to see them. In fact there's times where only Amazon Japan has them and Yahoo has nothing. A lot of back street 2nd hand places are on the amazon marketplace so it's a valuable resource for finding really obscure games the main risk is the condition as it can be vague at best so high value games can be a huge risk getting them from there when it's description is just listed as good.
                    Last edited by importaku; 25-08-2020, 23:05.

Comment

Damn that seller didn't wait around already turned up today super fast, it's a really nice set. First time i have ever seen a disk protector in a PS1 game case. Did all namco museum games have that felt circle inside the case so the disk has a cushion to sit on? First time i have ever played Qutie Q never seen that one in the arcades probably the oldest game i have played in 1979 i was 3 so i never saw one in person. The paddle feels super nice in the hand but it's not a true spinner as it stops on either side instead of free spinning but the movement is super smooth. Tried using the dualshock first it's useable but nowhere near the precision of using the spinner.

It's a nice selection of games Gaplus is my fave out of the set but im enjoying finally getting to play Qutie Q.

Comment

They call me Mr. Multimedia

Last edited by Baseley09; 26-08-2020, 19:03.

Comment

Madden on the 3DO was the business and Crash 'n' Burn was seriously impressive for its time.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                            They call me Mr. Multimedia
                            Cool.. you have the Digital Video Cartridge.

Theme Park is a charming classic. I remember liking Madden on the 3DO, even though I'm not a fan of the sport. Crash 'n Burn is one of my favourite 3DO games, but some people think it doesn't stand the test of time. I still enjoy it.

Comment

Since getting a CRT Ive started collecting PS1 and PS2 games again, just got Croc, Wipeout 3, Tenchu and Metal Gear Solid for the PS1 and Shinobi for the PS2 delivered a couple of days ago. Today I ordered the following games which are all brand new and still reasonably priced;

PS1
                              Chrono Cross
                              Final Fantasy IX

PS2
                              Persona 3
                              Persona 4
                              SMT Devil Summoner
                              SMT Devil Summoner 2
                              Fatal Frame
                              Fatal Frame 2
                              Fatal Frame 3
                              Capcom Collection vol. 1
                              Capcom Collection vol. 2
                              Tales of the Abyss
                              Tales of Legendia
                              Crimson Sea 2
                              Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter
                              Puzzle Quest
                              Virtua Quest
                              Sub Rebellion

That little lot should last me quite a while. I never intended to order so much in one go but seeing how much retro games have shot up recently I decided to get these now while I can before they sell out and end up on ebay for triple the price.

Comment

My goodness that’s quite a fun list, that’s an obscene amount of hours worth of gaming you got there. Yup it’s a risk when you wait as soon as supplies dry up the price hikes start. Had to pay for that in the past now if I see something and it’s something I really want I mostly just give in and pay up, rarely does it reappear cheaper but sometimes I have gotten lucky but maybe 1 out of 20 purchases if that.

Comment

Working...
                                X