No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually bought some real videogames, who would believe it?!

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
      Actually bought some real videogames, who would believe it?!

Nice to see some bang’in choons to go along with a unreal tournament!

Comment

who would believe it?!
        They're actually good games. I remember liking Unreal Tournament on the DC. Alien Front is a gem that doesn't get much recognition. HotD2 is great with the gun.

Comment

Yeah Alien Front is ace arcade fun, only shame is there's not much too it.

Comment

Yeah, that's the bad point. It could have been a really satisfying game with more substantial content.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
              Nice to see some bang’in choons to go along with a unreal tournament!
              Lol, and there I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

Agreed - had a lot of fun with it over the years. Did you ever try it online with the mic?

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                  Agreed - had a lot of fun with it over the years. Did you ever try it online with the mic?
                  I never did, I think at the time my mic didn't work, Seaman never did anything I said, or maybe the game was just like that

Comment

I never did, I think at the time my mic didn't work, Seaman never did anything I said, or maybe the game was just like that
                    You weren’t trying to play the Japanese version by speaking Engrish, were you?

Comment

After weeks & more weeks of waiting Arkanoid finally turned up, seems london to leeds is further than i thought lol. Played for a few hours so far it's pretty fun although the artstyle not as charming as the original but playing using a paddle controller makes it a lot more enjoyable managed to get to round 35 before i stopped for the afternoon.
                      Last edited by importaku; 19-09-2020, 19:54.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                        but playing using a paddle controller makes it a lot more enjoyable managed to get to round 35 before i stopped for the afternoon.
                        Yeah, using a paddle really elevates Arkanoid. Makes me feel like playing Arkanoid 2 on the Famicom.
                        Last edited by Leon Retro; 19-09-2020, 20:39.

Comment

Arkanoid 2 Revenge of Doh I think was the very first game I played on a 16 bit machine, a friend's Atari ST... it was controlled by the mouse which made it tricky if I recall, however getting the shoot em up power up was great...ended up getting it for the Amiga.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                            You weren’t trying to play the Japanese version by speaking Engrish, were you?
                            Heh no I had the American one but nothing ever happened was most frustrating, I reckon the mic was dud.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                              After weeks & more weeks of waiting Arkanoid finally turned up, seems london to leeds is further than i thought lol. Played for a few hours so far it's pretty fun although the artstyle not as charming as the original but playing using a paddle controller makes it a lot more enjoyable managed to get to round 35 before i stopped for the afternoon.
                              I always had you down as a batty boy, did you play it on the speccy? I always thought it was better than arkanoid.

Comment

Batty was great! Got it free with YS I seem to recall.

Comment

Working...
                                X