Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I could afford a X68000.

Comment

Nice work on the midi module, was recently sporting an MT-32 working with dos box, soundtracks were a total dream....but the midi emulation is so good now I didn't need it anymore :/

Comment

Pfft, emulation.

Comment

Ghouls'n'ghosts sounds excellent in that vid.

Comment

The inbuilt fm sound from the X68k is fantastic, the midi takes it to another level though. Good compilation midi video here, lots of x68k games shown as well

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              Pfft, emulation.
              Yep I sold out on that one. My original plan was to build a 386 or 486 desktop with a roland LAPC-I etc but prices were getting silly.

Comment

I'm going to give the midi on the SB16 card in my DOS games PC a go at some point, any suggestions what games to try. Just looked at the Roland card, ouch prices are high now.
                Last edited by Jamie; 09-10-2015, 21:40.

Comment

Yeah man there's some great ones like Rise of the Dragon, Dune, day of the tentacle, police quest ii. LAPC-I is a dream but I'm sure a reasonable sound blaster that can pass the midi out will be perfectly fine :

Last edited by Baseley09; 09-10-2015, 22:06.

Comment

The links not working mate

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                      Is the X68000 the sexiest computer ever made? It sure feels like it.

Congrats Jamie, I'd love to play around with one of them.
                      I dunno, the FM Towns still makes me a bit glassy eyed. There's one on eBay right now I'd like to buy, but the seller has blocked me from his auctions. I asked him why a while back, and he said I'd been derogatory about one of his auctions at some point, which is nonsense. He'd actually bought from me a few times with zero issues so I have no idea what his problem is. I can only assume he knows me from here or something and doesn't like me for whatever reason.

Comment

I do like the front loading CD drive on the FM Towns If only I had the space for both, and an Amiga, and a Saturn, and god knows what else lol.

Shame about the seller, I want to know the real reason now

Comment

I think in terms of design, the X68000 has no rival. I think even in 30 years you could place one in a room and it would look contemporary.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                            I do like the front loading CD drive on the FM Towns If only I had the space for both, and an Amiga, and a Saturn, and god knows what else lol.

Shame about the seller, I want to know the real reason now
                            Seriously, no idea. Loose-logic-corp is his name. His reasoning for not allowing me to bid/buy is utter garbage. But hey-ho.

Comment

A few Sega essentials, got a real penchant for pal Megadrive games at the minute, such a turnaround as I used to turn my nose up at them, prefer the choz art and grid design to imports now!

Comment

There's something fantastic about the simplicity and beautiful clean lines with the early UK MS stuff. I know Importaku will look at that ninja box and deride it, but I love it. And it was a game I was utterly obsessed with.
                                Last edited by Colin; 10-10-2015, 08:43.

Comment

Working...
                                X