Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
    Things just got R.E.A.L

That smaller model is the only Panasonic 3DO I knew anyone owning at the time, and mostly because Special Reserve sold them off cheap later on! Don’t blame you picking up third-party controllers, the bundled ones were awful... The Goldstar one even worse than Panasonic, if that was possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Protocol Penguin View Post
      Don’t blame you picking up third-party controllers, the bundled ones were awful... The Goldstar one even worse than Panasonic, if that was possible.

I've always used the Panasonic pads and think they're fine. I still have a couple fromn 1994 that work perfectly. The main reason to buy another pad with more buttons is for SSF2T.

I have heard that the Goldstar pads are pretty bad though. It really looks like a dodgy, cheap third party pad.
      Last edited by Leon Retro; 19-11-2020, 15:16.

Comment

I found if you loosened the screws on the rear of the Panasonic pad a little bit felt better to use.

Comment

I've got no problem with the OG 3DO pad, it's fine - used to have a few of those Goldstar ones, pretty ropy though not unusable.

The Hori pad needed a clean inside to register some directions, working fine now and feels like a real controller. deffo recomend.

Comment

Originally posted by Protocol Penguin View Post
            That smaller model is the only Panasonic 3DO I knew anyone owning at the time, and mostly because Special Reserve sold them off cheap later on! Don’t blame you picking up third-party controllers, the bundled ones were awful... The Goldstar one even worse than Panasonic, if that was possible.
            I had the Goldstar one
            Got it from Electronics Boutique in Norwich when I was on holiday at the end of its life
            Pretty sure it was a stupid deal like the console & a bundle of games for £100
            Spent all my holiday money on it the day before we left

Neil

Comment

I must be in the minority of quite liking the original 3DO pad as it was a really good fit for my hands. Your posts are really making me want a Japanese FZ-1 [MENTION=2725]Baseley09[/MENTION] even if just as an ornament, still love the design to this day.

Comment

This is what I use for most 3DO games although it’s not ideal for something like PO’ed or Doom.

Comment

I remember snagging a few of those sticks NOS for something like £35 each, you rarely see them now.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post

This is what I use for most 3DO games although it’s not ideal for something like PO’ed or Doom.
                    PANASONIC = QUALITY

Comment

The FZ-1....

Comment

Lack of RGB

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post

The FZ-1....
                          I bought the FZ-1 at launch in the UK. Built like a tank that model. Shame we never got the version with the video switch like Japan. The S-video output from the system was pretty decent though.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                            I had the Goldstar one
                            Got it from Electronics Boutique in Norwich when I was on holiday at the end of its life
                            Pretty sure it was a stupid deal like the console & a bundle of games for £100
                            Spent all my holiday money on it the day before we left

Neil
                            Ah, I remember that offer too! Wasn’t FIFA one of the bundled games?

(I still like the concept of the 3DO – a trying to create a single games format with daisy-chaining controllers produced by different manufacturers. Shame something like that hadn’t taken off since, particularly when you contemplate how the new offerings from Sony and MS are both x86 based boxes which aren’t all that different from one another...)

Comment

Something fun arrived today my replicade Dragons Lair machine, the detail is amazing on this one. Had a couple of quick goes but i'm terrible at it lol i survived only a few mins but i managed to get through a few of the scenes.

Comes in a replica of the arcade delivery box which is a nice detail as is the full length art one the inside of the internal box.

Everything has been replicated including the LED segmented display on the back scoreboard, the screen is crisp and super bright too. Even the tiny bolts on the joystick panel are there.

On the back is a hdmi port in case you want to play on your tv and also 2 usb ports in case you want to plug in some controllers so you don't have to use the arcades controls but to be honest they are perfectly useable. Also in the back there's a drawer where the replica laser disk player is hehe.

Comes with a small bag of goodies including a Daphne sticker to go on the kickplate if you so wish along with a tiny set of metal coins and a mini replica laserdisk to go in the player they even give you a tiny remote to go on it too. No detail was spared.

and before anyone asks the dumb question no the laserdisk doesn't work
                              Last edited by importaku; 20-11-2020, 11:43.

Comment

From an LD enthusiast the player is a great touch.

Comment

Working...
                                X