No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice. I've always really liked the colours used on that version of the machine.

Comment

Remember buying one of those for £40 here a decade ago, foolishly didn't hold onto it... like many things.

Would like a Saturn again but boy have they gotten pricey, was used to picking them up for <£30 for regular models. Guess I can ask for one as a gift from the gf or something.

Comment

Yeah still not too bad you can get the white one for around £80, this V-Saturn not too bad £100 - £130. Think its mainly the smoke/this is cool and Hitachi ones that blow the Bank.

Comment

What are you planning to do with it [MENTION=2725]Baseley09[/MENTION] - modding or keeping it stock to just play originals?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            What are you planning to do with it [MENTION=2725]Baseley09[/MENTION] - modding or keeping it stock to just play originals?
            Stock for now ive got a few cheap left overs from the golden age of my games collection heh. And just got stung £24 in customs duty for a baller game tho after that the price isn't quite so satisfying!

Comment

What’s the baller game?!

Comment

What’s the baller game?!
                Patience dear boy it'll be here the 30th

Comment

What’s the baller game?!
                  FIFA '95

He didn't spell it all - FOOT-baller game

Comment

I’ve joined the club:

I did not expect to get this for Christmas; my other half knew I was pining for one but gave me no indication she’d entertain getting me one as a gift.

Really impressed by the build quality which is very Apple-esque, and the controls are as good as anything Nintendo could put out. Came with an SD card stuffed with literally thousands of ROMs so I’ve spent more time playing the “what shall I play?” game more than anything else. Having all these games in the palm of your hand is rather overwhelming and does make me wonder the fate of my other consoles, including my Minis and original retro systems. I do already have a GP2x Wiz that’s served me well for 12+ years but its shortcomings (crappy controls & dodgy screen) meant that original (or even Mini) hardware was always a superior experience. The screen on this thing is so darn good that I feel for my Gameboy Light and wonder if I’ll ever pick it up again, never mind the DMG.

Anyroad, I look forward to the next few days spent installing Simple Menu and curating the collection, reducing it to just the games I’ll actually want to play.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                      I’ve joined the club:

I did not expect to get this for Christmas; my other half knew I was pining for one but gave me no indication she’d entertain getting me one as a gift.

Really impressed by the build quality which is very Apple-esque, and the controls are as good as anything Nintendo could put out. Came with an SD card stuffed with literally thousands of ROMs so I’ve spent more time playing the “what shall I play?” game more than anything else. Having all these games in the palm of your hand is rather overwhelming and does make me wonder the fate of my other consoles, including my Minis and original retro systems. I do already have a GP2x Wiz that’s served me well for 12+ years but its shortcomings (crappy controls & dodgy screen) meant that original (or even Mini) hardware was always a superior experience. The screen on this thing is so darn good that I feel for my Gameboy Light and wonder if I’ll ever pick it up again, never mind the DMG.

Anyroad, I look forward to the next few days spent installing Simple Menu and curating the collection, reducing it to just the games I’ll actually want to play.
                      That's nice
                      What model is it?

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                        That's nice
                        What model is it?

Neil
                        RG-350M. And I thought everyone here had one and I was the odd one out until now?

Comment

RG-350M. And I thought everyone here had one and I was the odd one out until now?
                          Lol nope I haven't seen this until now
                          But to be fair my gaming these days is pretty minimal & I barely keep up with anything gaming related

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                            Lol nope I haven't seen this until now
                            But to be fair my gaming these days is pretty minimal & I barely keep up with anything gaming related

Neil
                            Well if you want to know more about it then Yakumo reviewed it some time ago:

Comment

My megadrive Xmas present to myself,

Comment

Well if you want to know more about it then Yakumo reviewed it some time ago:

Thanks man
                                Will watch that later
                                Been looking then up & not that pricey... could be tempted

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X