Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superb wee things, I love mine.

Comment

Something i have been after for a while, a Nintendo zone distribution box something that Nintendo doesn't really want falling into customers hands lol oops too late. For all intents it's basically a single screen DSi but i can use my complete collection of DS download station carts with it to basically make my very own official DS download zone now. As a nice bonus it still has it's Nintendo zone cart but that cart is useless as it will no longer work since Nintendo shut the service down.

Pointless? yeah kind of as you can use a regular DS with the download carts but this is a very nice addition to my DS collection. Only the 2nd piece of non consumer hardware i own now, the download stations came in a few forms but this is the sleekest of them.

Last edited by importaku; 29-12-2020, 14:10.

Comment

That’s lovely. It may be pointless, but it’s a great piece of history to own.

Comment

Originally posted by phillv85 View Post
          That’s lovely. It may be pointless, but it’s a great piece of history to own.
          Yeah it's something that will fade totally into history at some point the only remnants of it now are screenshots and videos people took while the service was still running it's a shame stuff like this gets lost quite a lot, the nintendo zone allowed you to download demos via the download play function but that service is now long gone it was made to replace the previous method of shops getting regular DS download station carts to put in their units to distribute the demos. Thankfully because of those carts the download service kind of lives on, managed to luck out a few years back and find a seller in china that must have taken them from the recycling plant that nintendo sent them to for destruction. He was selling the complete USA set of 19 carts all that were released, still have a few carts on my list that i want i managed to get the animal crossing relay distribution cart that sends out special items. However still after the dragon quest DS carts that sent out event grotto maps and the nintendogs cart that sends out evet distribution data. Sadly i'm not rich enough to afford the pokemon event carts they are stupidly expensive some of them like £400+ for a single cart.

Keep all my non retail special carts in this holder

Still need to figure out how to set up the distribution unit when it arrives. While the one i got does have it's port covers it's missing the mounting bracket that screwed into the unit so it could be wall mounted. May just get a stand instead to put it on, make my own mini official download station. Amusingly it means for the one person in a billion that happens to be near my place and have a ds running and also searching for download play can pick up a rotating list of demos and videos of old released DS games

Comment

Don't call me, I'll call you. Couldn't be more excited about a game tbh.

Last edited by Baseley09; 30-12-2020, 13:25.

Comment

[MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION] that's a great find! I only learned about the existence of those units the other day from this YouTube video. Really interesting how it is literally trimmed-off DSi hardware in a purpose-built shell. If you ever get hold of those event carts I have a number of Pokemon games to send your way...
              [MENTION=2725]Baseley09[/MENTION] I see you're getting into Saturn Shmups. How are you finding it? I've not played BG except for the demo included in Soukyugurentai Otokuyou, but it consistently features as a 'top tier' entry in Saturn Shmup lists alongside the likes of Radiant Silvergun, Souky, Batsugun, and DoDonPachi.

One of which I happened to pick up recently myself!

Comment

Nice i need to get DDP on Saturn one of these days. As for Battle Garegga its one of my favorite games but only ever played via MAME for years, stoked the have the Saturn version. Its got an arranged soundtrack and some extra ships worth tuning in for over emulated versions. Didn't break the bank either thankfully.

Comment

New, but retro. Paprium has arrived. (Too busy for detailed pics and / or giving it a whirl right now.)

Comment

Erm how many copies of Paprium did you buy?

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa View Post
                      New, but retro. Paprium has arrived. (Too busy for detailed pics and / or giving it a whirl right now.)

Nice! Is the big box a Grand Stick?

Mine’s out for delivery today so I’ve been waiting by the window, looking out for postie. Feckin’ buzzing, me.

Comment

Yup, the big box is the stick (investor art variant).

Just 3 copies, an investor version for the three regions, plus the stick. $270 I'd long since written off. (At current pricing that wouldn't even get 1 EU limited copy but also )

Comment

Let us know what you think of the stick. Got my copy this evening. Still seems weird we eventually got it.

Comment

Just keep em coming

Comment

I think a few of us here have got our copies:

Comment

Mine has arrived at my parents house finally! I might go and grab it this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X