No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fired up the original Japanese N64 psu via a step-down which I still miraculously had for some reason.... It worked fine. So luckily my UK psu purchase will be worthwhile.

Comment

That pink GBA SP I posted the other day got sent back. The shoulder buttons didn't work and the battery cover was bulging out. So I bought another but this time from Gameboy Shack and he did me a custome one to order. Got it in orange to kind of go with my orange Cube. The build quality is lovely. Really good quality case and the buttons are much quieter than the pink one. Also grabbed a couple of games from him. Shiren was cheap which is good because I assume it will be incomprehensible in Japanese and I loved Crazy Castle as a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
        That pink GBA SP I posted the other day got sent back. The shoulder buttons didn't work and the battery cover was bulging out. So I bought another but this time from Gameboy Shack and he did me a custome one to order. Got it in orange to kind of go with my orange Cube. The build quality is lovely. Really good quality case and the buttons are much quieter than the pink one. Also grabbed a couple of games from him. Shiren was cheap which is good because I assume it will be incomprehensible in Japanese and I loved Crazy Castle as a kid.

I'm liking the RGB keyboard in white. Looks quite nice compared the the typical black style.

Comment

Yeah, I prefer white gadgets. This was just a £30 one from Amazon and works quite nicely. Definitely sold on mechanical keyboards now.

Comment

Not upto par with the Megadrive games but enjoyable none the less and gotta love the digitised dinosaur puppet. Never played the Japanese version before, musics not bad but they deffo made the right choice redoing it for the west!

Comment

One more down , just six more for all 216, been off and on for a few years now but decided to give it a final push. I didn't set out for a full set but it would be nice to get now.

Comment

Got a hard case for my RG-350M. Cost about £6 off eBay and is great for the price.

Comment

Another parcel arrived today. Not strictly retro but old games on a new console, and I don’t play nearly enough modern games to bother posting on any other board here so this is my only home:

I just want to ask to those living in Japan: is the price of physical formats really high in Japan or are us foreigners just being scalped a lot by Japanese sellers? This little lot cost me almost £170 off eBay and I had to shop around a bit to get them that cheap. I’ve seen games like FF-X/X2 and ESP RaDe going for £90+ with some sellers.

And yes, I know I could’ve got the Western release of FF-X/X2 for much less but a) it doesn’t have both games on the cart so requires a download, thus defeating the purpose of having a physical copy, and b) who can’t love the classic cover art of the Japanese version?

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                    Another parcel arrived today. Not strictly retro but old games on a new console, and I don’t play nearly enough modern games to bother posting on any other board here so this is my only home:

I just want to ask to those living in Japan: is the price of physical formats really high in Japan or are us foreigners just being scalped a lot by Japanese sellers? This little lot cost me almost £170 off eBay and I had to shop around a bit to get them that cheap. I’ve seen games like FF-X/X2 and ESP RaDe going for £90+ with some sellers.

And yes, I know I could’ve got the Western release of FF-X/X2 for much less but a) it doesn’t have both games on the cart so requires a download, thus defeating the purpose of having a physical copy, and b) who can’t love the classic cover art of the Japanese version?
                    Anything on a Nintendo platform is overpriced. Switch used game prices are a joke when compared to Sony or Microsoft.

Comment

To be fair these were all new and sealed but I get your point. Still bloody expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                        To be fair these were all new and sealed but I get your point. Still bloody expensive.
                        Same thing. Often titles on other platforms get reduced on release or drop in price after a while. This isn't really the case with games on Nintendo platforms. Sorry to say but its due to the kids market. They have parents who will pay the price to keep their kids happy.

Comment

Switch games are just generally expensive anyway, even in the UK etc. Nice haul of games though, am I right in saying Clannad and FFX/X-2 both include English language too?

Originally posted by Yakumo
                          Same thing. Often titles on other platforms get reduced on release or drop in price after a while. This isn't really the case with games on Nintendo platforms. Sorry to say but its due to the kids market. They have parents who will pay the price to keep their kids happy.

Those bloody Esp.Ra.De and classic erotic visual novel loving kids, ruining it for all of us!

Comment

Latest mystery box from the patreon I subscribe to arrived. Very happy with a couple of these but the others are dupes or I have later sequels so they're going in the selling forum. I've since left this patreon so I can focus on buying the games I want instead of hoping to get lucky.

Comment

Five to go , another classic got.

Comment

Wait....you managed to buy 200 DC games and didn't have Virtua Tennis?!

Comment

Working...
                                X