Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
    Got an order from Geki Video Games through. Excellent condition PS1 Hokuto no Ken, Blue Stinger and Shutokou Battle 2. Also got a couple of 8BitDo adaptors. Grey is for my PS Classic and the other is for whatever needs it in the future.

Just to make you aware in case you didn’t know, it’s not possible to see your image links without logging in using a Google account which I don’t have.

Comment

Not retro but it kind of is too lol, just preordered a new memory card for my PS1 a very fancy one that i can upload & download saves from. Basically a memory card with unlimited storage and the ability to use micro SD cards with it or even pull the saves on & off via wifi. Even has a oled screen built in to keep track of your saves.

Kind of pricy but my PS1 still gets frequent use would be nice to have all my saves backed up to my PC. I got it from here, if anyones curious about getting one.
      MemCardPRO, MemCard PRO, MemCard PRO GC, MemCardPROGC, Video Games, Console, Consoles, Accessories, Controllers, GamePad, Game Pads, Mods, Modifications, Switch, Nintendo, Sega, Sony, PlayStation, PS5, PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, Saturn, PC, Games, BlueRetro, Bluetooth, Adapter

Comment

The integration with the XStation is seriously impressive. I'll probably pick one up when I get around to ordering an XStation too.

Comment

It has a lot of nice features indeed, still trying in vain to get hold of a digital kit but the damn things still sell out almost instantly on the inventors website but i'll keep trying as it's my PS1 holy grail.
          Last edited by importaku; 14-02-2021, 11:32.

Comment

Yeah PS1Digital looks crazy good. Still rocking a CRT though so I can hold off on that side of things for now!

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
              Just to make you aware in case you didn’t know, it’s not possible to see your image links without logging in using a Google account which I don’t have.
              I didn't realise that. That's annoying. Will update when I'm on desktop tomorrow. Cheers for letting me know!

Comment

A couple of early SFC dreams. I was actually due to get an SFC with Castlevania IV from ACE Xmas of 1992, but they couldn't confirm delivery in time so got my parents to order a PC Engine instead and the rest was history etc..I've never owned Castlevania IV.

Comment

Thanks to Yakumo's Retro Core for introducing me to this! Was pleased to pick up a copy without breaking the bank.

This is my first time playing any of these games; having been born in the 90s they were (more than just a bit) before my time... Booted up Space Harrier this morning and it was a blast one question though - is there any actual penalty to continues (apart from hurt pride)? They're unlimited, and it doesn't even reset your score...

The quality of the book is really something too - photos of all the arcade machines, history and interviews alongside them, and even some of the American advertisements. At some point, I will set aside the time to attempt to read it
                  Last edited by danstan21; 18-02-2021, 03:55.

Comment

Originally posted by danstan21 View Post
                    Thanks to Yakumo's Retro Core for introducing me to this! Was pleased to pick up a copy without breaking the bank.
                    I try my best to make people spend their money

In Space Harrier, continuing doesn't have any negative effects besides not reaching that high score.

Comment

@danstan21 Nice one. I've always wanted a copy of that. Turns out I should've done it like 10/15 years ago when I first heard about it, as it's now £200 on Ebay. Balls

Might be completely off the mark here, but you're Japan-based right? How much did you pay out of nosiness?

Comment

Package arrived from the states with the following;

PS1
                        Ape Escape
                        Die Hard Trilogy
                        Resident evil 3 Nemesis
                        Speedball 2100
                        Tomb Raider 2
                        Tomb Raider The last revelation

PS2
                        18 Wheeler
                        Dragon Quest VIII
                        Dropship
                        Quake 3
                        Soul Calibur 2
                        Spy Hunter
                        Spy Hunter 2

Theres a few there that will be the first time for me to play which I’m looking forward to. Have to say Im seriously considering just getting an XStation next time and stop buying any more games for the PS1 and PS2. As much as I love having the original games with boxes and manuals, prices for some of the harder to get titles is getting ridiculous now and is unlikely to go down. Plus theres the convenience factor of not switching disks or worrying about scratching them.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                          I try my best to make people spend their money

In Space Harrier, continuing doesn't have any negative effects besides not reaching that high score.
                          You succeed...

Your Battle of the Ports for each of the included titles were great resources to learn from too. Cheers for the high-quality content!

Re continuing in SH though, I'm not noticing any effect on score at all. What does it stop you achieving?

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          @danstan21Might be completely off the mark here, but you're Japan-based right? How much did you pay out of nosiness?
                          You're right yeah - at least, for another year

I got it for just over 7000 yen (about 50 quid) off Yahoo Auctions. It seems to go in the range of 50-80 quid based on previous listings, though it's not really regular enough to predict. There's occasional disc-only sales which go much cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by danstan21 View Post
                            Re continuing in SH though, I'm not noticing any effect on score at all. What does it stop you achieving?
                            Oh, I thought the score reset after continuing. Guess there is no side effect at all.

Comment

Having played a bit more Space Harrier I've noticed the audio is slightly off from the tunes I've been hearing on various YouTube videos. I looked it up a bit more and on comparing, the Dreamcast audio sounds compressed compared to the Saturn port, which seems to faithfully reproduce arcade-quality audio.

I'll bet it'll have been compressed to fit on the disc alongside Shenmue, which makes sense there, but a bit crap that they didn't restore it for this compilation.

It's particularly noticeable on the first boss fight. I can't get the videos to embed with timestamp, but skip to about 2 minutes in on these to compare.

EDIT: Just re-watched Yakumo's vid and he mentions the Saturn port actually has a beefed up OST compared to arcade, so that's probably what I'm noticing. Still, am I right in thinking the DC version still sounds off compared to the arcade original? Someone tell me I'm not going mad, I've got brain leaking from my ears playing spot-the-difference.

Last edited by danstan21; 18-02-2021, 15:32.

Comment

Yes that's right, they are the Shenmue versions repackaged I believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X