No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If i didn't have such a large physical ps1 collection i'd be tempted by the xstation as it's a great way of trying out those obscenely priced games on real hardware without having to deplete your bank balance for the discs. Now i just need that damn digital board and i'm sorted.

Retro RGB did a review of the card
    Last edited by importaku; 23-03-2021, 20:26.

Comment

I'm in the Classic Gaming discord and the devs seems to be on the ball with fixes and helping any customer issues. Definitely encouraging.

Comment

Saturn haul accumulated over the last couple of weeks:

After getting Yu Suzuki Game Works last month and being a bit disappointed by the conversions of Space Harrier, After Burner and Out Run, I figured I'd try to track down the quote-unquote 'definitive' Saturn ports (yet to find Out Run at a decent price though). Much nicer playing them with correct audio - and in the case of AB, a slightly enhanced OST! I've never played a PZ game, so looking forward to trying that too. Souky I have back in the UK but I was itching to play it again...

The Mission Stick definitely feels like the 'right' way to play After Burner, and Space Harrier benefits a lot from the addition of a turbo setting. I was surprised to find out it's compatible with Souky though - having played it for years with a standard Saturn pad, it never occurred to me it supported analog input (3D pad works too). Categorically worse than playing it with digital, mind

Panzer Dragoon Zwei apparently has a 'secret' Mission Stick input mode, where you can link another Mission Stick's joystick unit to the same base and control it with dual-analogue twin-sticks - distinct from the actual Twin Sticks controller released with Virtual-On, which was digital input (and incompatible with PDZ anyway). It's the only Saturn game to support the feature - and it's not mentioned anywhere on the box or manual!
        Last edited by danstan21; 24-03-2021, 14:20.

Comment

Love the very Mission Stick focused pickups there. I kinda did a similar peripheral-themed thing recently where I decided to go all in on the Shuttle Mouse with a view to playing through Sakura Wars and Policenauts the 'right' (as you put it) way.

I haven't actually got round to getting started on either yet though, as I became obsessed with Mario 64!

Comment

Got one of those MemCard Pros as well!

Comment

A few Facebook buys arrived today ,

Comment

Regret selling the one I used to own. This one is a little yellowed but I can live with it.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post

Regret selling the one I used to own. This one is a little yellowed but I can live with it.
                  I tried to guess what it was before I clicked on the link. At first I thought it might be a PC Engine and then realised no, you probably wouldn’t have got rid of that in the first place. Then I thought an Amiga A500... yes, that must be it! Nope, turns out I was nowhere near guessing what it was based only on the description of it being slightly yellow!!

Comment

Haha, well quite a lot of things are affected by yellowing sadly. Funny you should mention PC Engine though...
                    Last edited by speedlolita; 26-03-2021, 13:33.

Comment

Well I finally did it and took the plunge and purchased the last dreamcast game I needed to complete the 216 pal set , luckily I managed to snag it below current ebay pricing.

Comment

Good work!

I assume you'll be settling down to a nice game of Spirit of Speed 1927 to celebrate?

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumLeap View Post
                          Well I finally did it and took the plunge and purchased the last dreamcast game I needed to complete the 216 pal set , luckily I managed to snag it below current ebay pricing.

I take it you’ve already got Le Taxi or whatever it was called?

Comment

Very nice! I’ve been wanting to pick that up myself, but seems the Japanese version goes for a fair bit less than the PAL one (though still not cheap).

Comment

I assume you'll be settling down to a nice game of Spirit of Speed 1927 to celebrate?
                              Don't diss one of the greatest ever racers ever made of all time !

I take it you’ve already got Le Taxi or whatever it was called?
                              One of the first games I got as I heard it was even better than the Spirit of Speed !!! Oh how wrong I was

Comment

Heh heh heh, I remember playing a demo of Cannon Spike in Another World in Derby and really liking it. A couple of years later I got a copy in GameStation for £15. Still got it.

Got another lot of Dreamcast games from Dyer earlier this week. Got a 5 day weekend coming up for Easter and planning on a DC binge.

Comment

Working...
                                X