No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice pickups Fuse. Spikeout's cover is an interesting one. Although it certainly isn't in line with classic Sega design, I think it's a quirky example of a Japanese company trying to make something that looks masculine and American. It's very of its time as well, you can see it's a product of the 2000s from a mile off.

It's an aesthetic I hated when it was contemporary, but with some distance I kind of like it for its trashy strangeness (even though it's a bad, corny piece of cover art in a lot of respects).

I like how you always use those plastic envelopes to keep your games safe from shelf wear. The room where you keep them all must be like being in Super Potato!

RE: Thousand Arms, I've never heard of that and it looks like an interesting game. Why did every anime game protagonist have a pair of goggles on their head in the late 90s?!
    Last edited by wakka; 24-04-2021, 10:05.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post

PCE goodness
      PCE OutRun doesn't get enough love IMO. Far superior to many other ports of OutRun that emerged around the same time, including the MD port.
      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 24-04-2021, 22:22.

Comment

Yeah been back to constant game buying at the min, Metal Black at 85 quid being the main splurge. And getting further with most of the JPN Namco PSOne titles.

Comment

Looks like you’ve just Po’ed yourself

Comment

It would be great see a modern port of PO'ed maybe using the Kex engine like, DOOM64 and Shadowman.

Comment

PO'ed in the Kex engine.

Comment

Lol, a perfect match. Po'ed in the Kex

Comment

My slightly ridiculous quest for every version of SF Zero 3 nears an end.

Comment

That Pokémon Pinball art is chef kiss.

Comment

A nice mix of GB stuff, pop n animation melody i have played in the past it's a competent version although they are super cut down but they are still fun to play.

Comment

Metal Gear Ghost Babel is up there with the very best MGS games. Brilliant storyline that holds up even now.

Comment

Oooh very nice! Never played that MG game.

Comment

I didn’t realise that the GBA SFZ3 was actually SFZ3 Upper until I was playing it last week. You can’t tell from the Euro release packaging but the big arrow is right there on the JP release.

Comment

Got this overpriced but nice-looking block of metal. Maybe I’ll finish Turtles 1 after 30 years.

Comment

Slightly more obscure DC stuff this week.

Cosmic Smash is pretty simple fun, but fun it is. The other two I haven't got around to trying out yet; I want to clear the first Space Channel 5 before this one, and L.O.L. doesn't work via VGA so figuring out how best to play it.

Comment

Working...
                                X