No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely stuff that Fuse, I've actually got a PS1 copy of Alpha 2 winging it's way to me now (with a stack of other stuff as well).

Comment

[MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION]

As usual I like the cut of your jib.

What is on the Policenauts Pilot Disk?

Comment

Finally found a copy on eBay for a decent price with spine, and the reg card fell out the manual too. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
          @fuse

As usual I like the cut of your jib.

What is on the Policenauts Pilot Disk?
          Cheers! From what I've read it's a bit like a fancy demo - it came out about 6 months prior to the game, and also has a glossary, some art, some music, and so on. I think a lot of the content is also featured in the 'Private Collection' disc for the PS1.

Comment

Ah OK, yes, I know that disc. Interesting, thanks. Love that game so much.

Do you own the 3DO version of the game with the mouse and mousemat? I’ve always really liked the look of that, especially the mousemat.
            [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION]

Comment

Can't say I do - just the PS1 version which I've played through a patched version of. This is only my second 3DO disc, and given I don't have any hardware to play them on, it's more just as a neat little curio. Don't you already have a Sakura Wars mousemat?

Comment

Yeah I do I’ve discovered a latent passion for mouse mats bundled with visual novels and SRPGs, for some reason!

Comment

I completely forgot about Shadow of the Ninja. Just looking for Advance Wars: Dual Strike now as well.

Comment

I think PC Engine fans will enjoy this one.

Comment

After a four year wait via kickstarter its finally arrived

Worth the wait ? imo yes as the game is excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumLeap View Post
                        After a four year wait via kickstarter its finally arrived

Worth the wait ? imo yes as the game is excellent!
                        Wow, I’d never even heard of that but watching YouTube vids suggests it’s a corker of a game! If I was still into the Dreamcast I’d definitely want to own a copy.

As for me, I’ve broken my decade long abstinence of buying any games that cost more than £40 or so and had a little splurge:

Generally I like to shield myself from all these crazy prices people here talk about and often wonder what all the fuss is about when you can still buy great retro games for £10 - £20 but in this case there were some games I knew I simply wouldn’t buy if they went any higher. Okay, so no fear of Wing Commander going up but it’s a game I’ve always wanted to get but never bothered as it means importing it from the US. Wish I hadn’t bothered as even though it was only $20, after taxes and shipping it was around £40 and the condition is pretty bad with it stinking of fags.

So to summarise:

Secret of Mana - picked this up for £100 which is definitely my ceiling these days. Got it as I’ve nearly finished FF3/6 so needed another SNES RPG to add to my to-do list (already own Chrono Trigger)

Wing Commander - as I said, was cheap but in horrible (smelly) condition. Plays very well… or at least it does in the opening missions. Better than the SNES version as it allows proper dogfights with more than one enemy at a time and frame rate is generally good. However there are later missions with skirmishes right outside the Tiger’s Claw and another carrier ship later on, and these sections crawl along, making it very difficult to play. It seems the system just can’t keep up when there is a big ship with dogfighting going on around it. A real shame as it really does feel epic with all the cut scenes and speech - it feels like the interactive movie experience that the FMV games failed to deliver on, and it really does make good use of the platform. The music is inexplicably bad after the great music I’m the PC and Amiga versions though.

Super Metroid - what can I say other than this is one of the GOATs. I’ve played it on my Mini, I’ve played it on my Switch, I’ve played it on my RG-350M, but none of those put a smile on my face quite like I had playing through the prologue with a proper SNES pad and a CRT. And THAT music! The SFC version features a full English option (the language, not breakfast) and has been steadily rising in price as people on t’internet cotton on to that. Snagged it for just shy of £80.

Dennin Aleste - sure, I love Musha Aleste - who doesn’t? I have it on my Jp Mini but damn the game costs a fortune. Step in the poor man’s Musha, Dennin, a snip at £43. For that kind of money it’s bloody great I tell you.
                        Last edited by samanosuke; 30-09-2021, 16:04.

Comment

While going through boxes looking for my old pokemon cards i'm coming across loads of things i haven't seen in decades totally forgot i bought these as backups. Yakumo spotted them at hardoff one day and i got them for me they cost hardly anything somewhere around a tenner each, totally new N64 pads the sticks feel so weird been a long time since i held a N64 pad.

I can't remember why though that they have hibaihin marks on the back as they are not in standard retail boxes weird white boxes instead. One is a gold pad and more interestingly one is the daei hawks orange & black colourscheme. Somewhere in the flat are the consoles that go with them, think those might be in one of the kitchen cupboards. Really need to sort my life out, too much stuff in here i haven't touched in so many years it's time i started seriously planning on downsizing.

Comment

Oh wow, I remember buying those. That was so many years ago. Probably around 2010 or maybe earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                              Oh wow, I remember buying those. That was so many years ago. Probably around 2010 or maybe earlier.
                              I'm amazed i still remember the details, N64 was the time i was introduced to you. All the N64 stuff you bought for me over the years is still in the flat somewhere separated in boxes in storage. Still remember the justco N64 you found for like £50 nowadays it's more like add an extra zero to the price, sadly clear consoles with the lighter white colour have started to yellow even though it's not been exposed to light or bad conditions.

Comment

Those are really nice. The only things I ever find in the back of my kitchen cupboards are old pots and pans and ancient, near-fossilised packets of dried pasta.

I have yet to find a rare boxed N64 but never say never.

Comment

Working...
                                X