Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    Those are really nice. The only things I ever find in the back of my kitchen cupboards are old pots and pans and ancient, near-fossilised packets of dried pasta.

I have yet to find a rare boxed N64 but never say never.
    Have memories of having a N64 dexdrive bugger knows where it went to as i didn't chuck it or sell it off it's somewhere in here.

I could have sworn i still have a partial case full of japanese copies of wonder project j2 somewhere too, bought them for hardly anything on ebay when loads of full cases were found in a warehouse, sold a couple off over the years but i have no idea where the rest are. They are around somewhere, for a crappy 2 bed council flat it seems like the damn end to raiders of the lost ark where they go hide the ark in the warehouse in area 51 at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
      I'm amazed i still remember the details, N64 was the time i was introduced to you. All the N64 stuff you bought for me over the years is still in the flat somewhere separated in boxes in storage. Still remember the justco N64 you found for like £50 nowadays it's more like add an extra zero to the price, sadly clear consoles with the lighter white colour have started to yellow even though it's not been exposed to light or bad conditions.
      It's a shame about stuff yellowing . I'm surprised my SFC is still white. I have a feeling temperature also has a factor on yellowing.

Comment

I can imagine temperature could probably cause yellowing especially if it was cycling from hot to cold. The Nintendo stuff is really weird though, even new old stock in sealed boxes goes yellow. It's supposedly something to do with their flame retardant plastics rather than the usual exposure to UV light (you can usually tell the latter by things like the underside/insides being less affected).

Case in point, I bought a tidy SNES in about 1998 when it was dirt cheap. I tested it and then put it away wrapped inside a sellotaped-up cardboard box in the attic, later moved it to a storage unit. Both places completely in the dark with no windows, no extreme temperatures, etc. Got it out a few months back and it's paper bag brown!

Comment

Pardon the absolute state of things. Old white friend returns bottom right....now has anyone got a copy of Valis IV for me

Last edited by Baseley09; 07-10-2021, 17:37.

Comment

I do love how Baseley has a 1990s room in his house.

I see that CDI peeking out, you had any more FMV on the go?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              I do love how Baseley has a 1990s room in his house.

I see that CDI peeking out, you had any more FMV on the go?
              Paha unfortunately no, CDi works fine bit the Timekeeper chip has gone so can't save any game progress, loathe to start anything!

Comment

This arrived today, think I'm in love.......

Comment

I was really tempted by the Neo version of Xeno Crisis but just wasn’t sure how well it would play with the Neo controller. The buttons aren’t exactly well laid out for it.

Comment

It’d have to be the same way as the Megadrive 3-button config. You couldn’t have four-way shots anyway as you’d need the roll and grenade function as well.

The MD version plays pretty well in three button mode.

Comment

I used to be a patron of Kid Shoryuken's Japanese game box service on Patreon. Each month he'd send you a box of games he picked up from Hard Off, Surugaya etc. I ended it months ago but got a surprise one in the mail yesterday. Apparently I still had some money on my account that he hadn't spent and after catching up with it all, he sent me out a box. Very nice surprise with a bunch of games on my to buy list.

Comment

Zombie daisuki & atsumete kirby are both really great DS titles, def worth adding to anyones DS library,

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                          I was really tempted by the Neo version of Xeno Crisis but just wasn’t sure how well it would play with the Neo controller. The buttons aren’t exactly well laid out for it.
                          To be fair I have been using a Neo CD pad and works well! Much like the Dreamcast set up!

Comment

What about the audio issue being only left channel ? Think I'll just stick to the megadrive version.

Comment

Get ready for CDRom2 spam incoming Essentially the same as the HuCard except for an arranged soundtrack and a "Before Christ" mode haha. PS anyone got a Valis IV heeee

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                                Get ready for CDRom2 spam incoming Essentially the same as the HuCard except for an arranged soundtrack and a "Before Christ" mode haha. PS anyone got a Valis IV heeee

Ooh, I might have to join you on this PC Engine CD title spamming. Over the past month I've picked up 16 titles. The latest one to arrive is Horror Story. That cost a pretty penny

Comment

Working...
                                X