No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Horror Story is deffo in my radar, let's see what you've got!!

Comment

How is the PC Engine version of Horror Story compared to the arcade game? I'm trying to get decent home console versions of all of my arcade PCB's before I sell them all, but the PC Engine game seems to cost more than the PCB is worth

Comment

It's a great port. Mixes up the level order somewhat, there's an additional level and boss.

Sums it up pretty well.

Comment

Thanks whelaa, I’ll pick it up in the coming months I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
            Nice Horror Story is deffo in my radar, let's see what you've got!!
            Here's what I got last month. I'll post a picture of this month's PC Engine stuff later tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by phillv85 View Post
              How is the PC Engine version of Horror Story compared to the arcade game? I'm trying to get decent home console versions of all of my arcade PCB's before I sell them all, but the PC Engine game seems to cost more than the PCB is worth
              It's really good. Graphically it is as close as you'd expect on the PC Engine. No parallax though . Gameplay is spot on and it does contain extra areas.
              The only problem is that it cost a fortune like most good PC Engine games.

Comment

As usual with me there's some underwhelming nonsense. Stock image as I can't be bothered photographing this, but...

Anyone remember the remote control you could get for the PS2? They released a different one for the Slim - since it doesn't have an infrared sensor built in, you get one to stick in the Player 2 controller port. Whether it's particularly rare in the wild or I've just never paid enough attention to notice, I was amused enough to pay £3 for an untouched-looking one in the window of Computer Exchange. Unfortunately, unlike the predecessor you can't use it to eject (to be expected) or power it down (slightly annoying).

Comment

Okay, as promised. Here are my PC Engine CD pick ups so far this month.

3 Memory cards and the following games, Flash Hiders, Genocide, NEKKETSU KŌSHINKYOKU - SOREYUKE DAIUNDŌKAI (same crap that is on the Famicom) and the cream of the crop, Horror Story.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                    As usual with me there's some underwhelming nonsense. Stock image as I can't be bothered photographing this, but...

Anyone remember the remote control you could get for the PS2? They released a different one for the Slim - since it doesn't have an infrared sensor built in, you get one to stick in the Player 2 controller port. Whether it's particularly rare in the wild or I've just never paid enough attention to notice, I was amused enough to pay £3 for an untouched-looking one in the window of Computer Exchange. Unfortunately, unlike the predecessor you can't use it to eject (to be expected) or power it down (slightly annoying).
                    From memory the early PS2s also required you to plug in an IR receiver into one of the controller ports. I think the built in IR sensor was only added on later fat models.

In other PS2 DVD ephemera, I seem to recall that the initial 10000 series PS2 remotes included a disc with DVD player software on to save to your memory card. Which had a bug in it which deleted your other saves.

Might be wrong about that but it's hanging around in my brain as a possible fact.

Comment

I seem to remember having this but in white for the slim NTSC-JP white PS2....
                      Did a Google and nothing came up though so it may have been the black one actually?

Comment

Not a bad way to start a new-release / homebrew collection...

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          From memory the early PS2s also required you to plug in an IR receiver into one of the controller ports. I think the built in IR sensor was only added on later fat models.

In other PS2 DVD ephemera, I seem to recall that the initial 10000 series PS2 remotes included a disc with DVD player software on to save to your memory card. Which had a bug in it which deleted your other saves.

Might be wrong about that but it's hanging around in my brain as a possible fact.
                          Yeah I have both revisions of the PS2 DVD remote. The initial one is the one that came with the IR receiver that plugs into a controller port. The built in IR port was only introduced with the SCPH-5000X phat console. The later revision for systems with built in IR was probably released around the same time as those 50K consoles but I remember getting one with my 70K back in the day. I think this past year I've ejected and powered up/down my 39K by utilising the IR receiver...

Oh what fun!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                            Yeah I have both revisions of the PS2 DVD remote. The initial one is the one that came with the IR receiver that plugs into a controller port. The built in IR port was only introduced with the SCPH-5000X phat console. The later revision for systems with built in IR was probably released around the same time as those 50K consoles but I remember getting one with my 70K back in the day. I think this past year I've ejected and powered up/down my 39K by utilising the IR receiver...

Oh what fun!
                            Do you remember that early issue with the 10000 models and the DVD software? I have it in my head that they needed software on a disc included with the remote to enable DVD playback.

Comment

I think that bug was with a specific game, possibly Ridge Racer V.

Highly recommend this software if using the PS2 for DVD playback btw, real game changer for RGB on a CRT.

As you may know, while the PS2 system software is stored on hard ROM, it is designed to support updates from memory card or internal HDD (except for "non-softmoddable" SCPH-900xx's with ROM version 2.30; indeed, FreeMCBoot works by installing itself as an OSD update). Notably, the earliest...
                              Last edited by speedlolita; 14-10-2021, 19:56.

Comment

Interesting. I didn’t realise further updates to the software were issued on disc. [MENTION=7652]Hirst[/MENTION] should definitely be using that if he’s using his PS2 as a DVD player.

Comment

Working...
                                X