Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    Do you remember that early issue with the 10000 models and the DVD software? I have it in my head that they needed software on a disc included with the remote to enable DVD playback.
    I had a 10000 and it was kind of like that. You loaded a save on the memory card which had the region code and allowed you to play DVDs. Once the save was on the card you no longer needed the disc.

Comment

Today's PC Engine love is Martial Champ from Konami

Comment

Never even heard of that one Yakumo, it any good?

Comment

Originally posted by phillv85 View Post
          Never even heard of that one Yakumo, it any good?
          Lol, no idea. I've yet to play it. I'll let you know after I've had some time with it.

Comment

Used to play the arcade Martial Champion in Soft Centre back in the 90s. It’s no SF2 but it was really good, with big and bold graphics. The PCE port takes a hit in the big and bold area but it’s not too bad. Good score.

Comment

Nice, first PCE CD game i ever owned and played. Loved the arcade game, PCE version is a bit weak but still cool in many ways. High nostalgia levels.

Comment

Today's PC Engine title is a pile of cack. But is it more smelly than the Mega CD version?

Comment

Not sure how I've been having such decent luck with Cex lately, but I got this for £8 mint and complete from the shop I rarely get anything from as it's usually knackered.

It appeared about a fortnight ago and I was curious about it then, but it didn't have a manual so I passed on it. It was only when I last visited and was having a general flick through that it was noticed almost everything they'd got in since was missing the manual. Turns out this particular branch has started putting them behind the counter! It was there with the disc.

Comment

Another new game to add to the collection...

Comment

Originally posted by Arashikage View Post
                      Used to play the arcade Martial Champion in Soft Centre back in the 90s. It’s no SF2 but it was really good, with big and bold graphics. The PCE port takes a hit in the big and bold area but it’s not too bad. Good score.
                      Ha! My old local video rental shop used to have the cab, along with SF2CE, AoF1, and Vendetta.

Comment

I'm sure a certain member here will love today's PC Engine pick up. Valis IV

Comment

Err hello mate thanks for getting me an early Xmas present

Sensational pick up, won't be long before it lands back in my life I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by phillv85 View Post
                            How is the PC Engine version of Horror Story compared to the arcade game? I'm trying to get decent home console versions of all of my arcade PCB's before I sell them all, but the PC Engine game seems to cost more than the PCB is worth
                            Dibs on your PCB

Comment

Might as well join in on the engine bug ,

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                                Err hello mate thanks for getting me an early Xmas present

Sensational pick up, won't be long before it lands back in my life I'm sure.
                                You wish I'm quite surprised at how different it is to Super Valis IV on the SFC. In fact, this should by the one with the Super in the title. I'm still undecided about the music though.

Comment

Working...
                                X