No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool set though, had it on a few days back. Recall first putting on Super R-Type and being appalled, growing on me now, not too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
      Brilliant games, the both of them. The Megadrive really has been going through somewhat of a renaissance period these last few years. I’m eagerly awaiting my copy of Demons of Asteborg.
      Got that on pre-order as well as a lot of others on their way.

Got a few more to add to this collection that have come in over the last few days... Ultracore, Pier Solar, Coffee Crisis, Magic Pockets, Beggar Prince and Oh Mummy. Pics to follow

Comment

Something i haven't seen in a VERY long time must easily be over 15 years lol i honestly forgot i even had it still, was clearing out one of the storage boxes in the living room & at the bottom was this.... remember picking it up off ebay for £13 when the place was flooded with sealed copies that stores were trying to get rid of fast. This one is still pretty much in like new condition, it's pristine no idea of the state of the save file on it though.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroRevival View Post
          Got that on pre-order as well as a lot of others on their way.

Got a few more to add to this collection that have come in over the last few days... Ultracore, Pier Solar, Coffee Crisis, Magic Pockets, Beggar Prince and Oh Mummy. Pics to follow
          Out of those I’ve got Pier Solar and Beggar Prince. I’d recommend Star Odyssey which is pretty good; better than Beggar Prince but not as good as Pier Solar. I also have Paprium and the Piko release of Duke Nukem 3D. The other titles you mentioned are a bit too home-brewy for me - I prefer games which stack up against commercial releases and ones I’d get enjoyment from than taking a collect ‘em all approach.

Edit: Ultracore falls into that category obviously as a re-release, I just haven’t been tempted enough to jump on board that train.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
            Something i haven't seen in a VERY long time must easily be over 15 years lol i honestly forgot i even had it still, was clearing out one of the storage boxes in the living room & at the bottom was this.... remember picking it up off ebay for £13 when the place was flooded with sealed copies that stores were trying to get rid of fast. This one is still pretty much in like new condition, it's pristine no idea of the state of the save file on it though.

I picked up this originally sealed when I visited New York during the N64 firesale days. Bought a ton of sealed titles, I think Paper Mario was the most costly at a whopping 15 bucks new and sealed.
            3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Back in with either end of PCE CD lifespan, and yeah buying soccer games again more on way You have to get Fighting Street it is just a must in life.

Last edited by Baseley09; 29-10-2021, 20:58.

Comment

Nice. You're really building up that PC Engine collection.

Talking of which, I just dropped 18,000 yen on a fully refurbished CD-ROM unit and Core Grafix (not that I needed that) only to find out that my original CD-ROM unit is now working perfectly. Bloody hell!
                Well, at least I now have a spare console set I guess. I should RGB mod the Core Grafix since the one I'm using is also RGB modded.

Comment

If you want cheap Super Famicom sports titles just let me know, I’ve got dozens sat in a box.

Comment

Had never played this before now, had a quick bash but definitely going to play some more in near future.

Also finally got around to picking up an FDS!

The good news was that the two discs I already had both worked! The spookier, but well-timed for Halloween news: my Castlevania disc had already had a save in my name! Ok, one letter off, but still.

(NAIRDA would have been better, I know)

Comment

Nice pick-up- great game Area 88, one of my faves on the SFC.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                        Had never played this before now, had a quick bash but definitely going to play some more in near future.

Also finally got around to picking up an FDS!

The good news was that the two discs I already had both worked! The spookier, but well-timed for Halloween news: my Castlevania disc had already had a save in my name! Ok, one letter off, but still.

(NAIRDA would have been better, I know)
                        Fantastic get on Area 88
                        Was the first game I ever saw on a SFC when my mate got his console & it has forever had a special place in my heart since
                        I will never part with my copy because of that

I'm sure I have a version in my Spectrum collection too

Neil

Comment

It was the first SNES game I ever played, too. US version.

Comment

My new toys!

The Great Ace Attorney & Phoenix Wright Collection double pack, Densha de Go! with controller

RetroTINK 5X

These games not quite new but it's the last of the PS2 games, I dug them out from the garage to play on my PS2 via my new RetroTINK 5X

Comment

The main appeal for me for the 5X is how it handles de-interlacing so I'd love to hear some impressions. Nice gets.

Comment

Some lovely stuff there. Got to play with a friend's Switch DDG controller recently and although the PS4 version definitely looks better, the controller makes a world of difference. As a bemani nerd, I bought Technic Beat for the Sampling Masters tracks too

Been after this for a while, and although not cheap, I'm delighted with its condition!

Comment

Working...
                                X