Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mezzanine View Post
    Megadrive: One of the Dempa / MICOM XE-1 variants. You can find the occasional bargain if you keep an eye out; reseller prices have been garbage for a few years now.

SNES? Um... a converter and your choice of PS1/PS2 sticks?
    That sounds perfect actually. I see Tototek now do a psx-snes adapter so I will order one of those. I already use one of their adapters to use my HRAP on the Dreamcast so I know they are good quality. I don't have a MD currently, so those expensive XE sticks are no temptation. Nice to know a decent stick exists, but I'm sure I could just buy another adapter for the HRAP.

Comment

With the HRAP2 & Tototek converter you'll get this layout-

Y-X-R-L
      B-A

Should be fine for most games.

edit: it's been way too long... the HRAP 1 is different.

L-Y-X-R
      - B-A -
      Last edited by mezzanine; 18-10-2015, 13:04.

Comment

I did not know that the US SNES had it's own power supply connector. Thankfully a friend had a spare adapter lying around that I could use with my MD1 PSU.

Phantasy Star 0 has been a ton of fun so far. Far more fun than the PSP games and PSU in fact.

Saiyuki and RE2 were both chucked into an oversized jiffy bag with no protection sadly and both cases got damaged on their way to me. Final Fantasy VIII made me far more nostalgic than I expected
        Last edited by Cepp; 18-10-2015, 13:18.

Comment

Oooh, Pocky and Rocky. Would love a copy of that for the Super Famicom.

On my old SNES Mini I just replaced the whole connector!

Comment

Long term that's probably a better solution actually. My next step is to mod it for RGB though.

Comment

Oh gosh, yeah I nearly forgot you have to RGB mod them. Worth it though, amazing image.

Comment

First thought after I purchased dreamcast from speedy.

Comment

last thing i likely bought this year but hell one of my best pick ups off the year, the limited coca cola edition with the other sleeve that is missing 95% of the time managed to bag a minty one complete :

Comment

That is absolutely wicked.

What's the included game?

Comment

Still a Game Gear.

Comment

Originally posted by mezzanine View Post
                        With the HRAP2 & Tototek converter you'll get this layout-

Y-X-R-L
                        B-A

Should be fine for most games.

edit: it's been way too long... the HRAP 1 is different.

L-Y-X-R
                        - B-A -
                        Thanks for the info. I think I have the original HRAP. It's the Amazon Japan exclusive variant with orange buttons. Most games have button config though I guess, so apart from not using two of the buttons, it's not much of an issue. I really need to make some sort of overlays to make it more obvious which button is which on the various systems I use it with.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                          Still a Game Gear.
                          Yeah i feel sorry for liking the game gear

Comment

Originally posted by Kazumn View Post
                            Yeah i feel sorry for liking the game gear
                            Eh, more power to you! I'm just a Nintendo fanboy I think, plus the design philosophy of Gunpei Yokoi was not only remarkably inspirational, but worked in the marketplace!
                            Last edited by speedlolita; 20-10-2015, 16:36.

Comment

The Game Gear is a bit of an unwieldy beast but I loved it when I was a kid.

Comment

Game gear has the best version of columns Love the music!

Comment

Working...
                                X