Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
    Yeah it's a bit dodge. I'm really in the mood for some non-MK kart racers atm; want to give Speed Freaks another go as well.
    I gave that another go about a month ago again. It is better than I remember, CTR still king for me though. The adventure mode is killer.

Comment

I keep telling myself that I'll stop buying games because my backlog is too big but then I sure do have some beers and open up ebay...

Comment

Originally posted by DeathAdder View Post
        Finally - got the rerelease of Undercover Cops.

Only took about 9 months or so. People have had babies in less time.
        I haven't even received an email about mine. Not a good sign!

Comment

I got an email about ten days ago

It is nice - comes in a lovely plastic kart. Looking forward to playing it.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            Ha, yeah, they did. I put Puchi Carat in the same category.
            I still haven't tried that. I always hold out for the controller bundle, forget, miss out on a great deal and then rinse/repeat.

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
            I gave that another go about a month ago again. It is better than I remember, CTR still king for me though. The adventure mode is killer.
            I'm hoping it still holds up, loved it back in the day. Naughty Dog knew what they were doing when it came to Crash on PSX so I'm sure it will.

Comment

Couple more PC Engine games this week. I'm particularly happy with Fray. Got that for half of the normal price at a recycle store. Only 5000 yen. On Yahoo Auctions its alway near 10,000 yen or more.

Comment

Charity shops, they're not just for a grim look at what people got rid of when grandma went away.

19 games, 19 quid. Mostly good too, only a handful of stinkers and a Chinese multicart. Plastic cases too.

Comment

That's a cracking result!

Comment

I stopped bothering with charity shops and boot sales because everything is just priced like eBay, nice find though!

Comment

You've got to find the ones where the staff really don't know what they're looking at or they make broad assumptions about value rather than checking individually, but even the less good ones make mistakes. A few years back one of the shops I barely buy anything from used to check all game prices with the exception of PC ones. Most aren't worth checking so they were all £1 a pop - including a copy of Flight Simulator X Gold Edition (worth about £40 on its own then) and a load of expensive add-ons. Made about £100 easy!

Comment

Some nice games in that collection. Even with the stinkers, you've got a good deal right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                          Some nice games in that collection. Even with the stinkers, you've got a good deal right there.
                          It was all dumped in a little plastic crate near the books. I assumed it would be mostly lousy stuff but worth it for the plastic cases/resale, got to be worth a pound a pop. As I was grabbing them out of the crate I spied things like Ax Battler and Wonder Boy, but I didn't get a proper look until later - I was in a hurry to quickly pay and get the whole lot out of the shop before the staff could change their mind about the price or determine they shouldn't have been put on the shop floor (I've seen both happen).

When I had a proper look at them later I was very pleased, it looks like a fairly hand-picked selection of good games. Probably from the original owner who bought them new too, all the cases and labels are in mint condition. I had a really good look round the shop just in case anything else of theirs washed up somewhere else, but I couldn't see anything. Might give me some motivation to get my original Game Gear out of the attic and have it recapped. Missus is having the GB games, less the multicart. I'll definitely be saying goodbye to Chuck Rock (never liked it), Simpsons (hated the MD version), Chessmaster (I'm no good at chess) so I'll get a bit of money back too.

Comment

That really was a lucky find… well done you!!

Comment

Loads of good stuff this month. Sadly, this video was made two days before Forza 5 arrived.

Comment

For someone who doesn't dig the Valis IV music there ain't half a lot of it in that vid

Comment

Working...
                                X