No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worth noting as well that PS3 games are blu-ray and blu-ray generally are more foolhardy than CD or DVD.

Comment

Remember the 1981 arcade game "Turbo"? I did (though I preferred the earlier Monaco GP to be honest).

Sega!

Not sure if it'll be any good to play, but it's a weird bit of Sega history complete in box for £3 in a scruffy charity shop, what more do you want on a Sunday?

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
        Remember the 1981 arcade game "Turbo"? I did (though I preferred the earlier Monaco GP to be honest).

Sega!

Not sure if it'll be any good to play, but it's a weird bit of Sega history complete in box for £3 in a scruffy charity shop, what more do you want on a Sunday?
        I love that
        Had it as a kid & it was great fun
        Awesome find dude

Neil

Comment

Puyo sun finally arrived this week that's one more down least it finally turned up. Just wish i could find a copy of puyo puyon 4 for a decent price & in decent condition as i want that one because of it's pocketstation stuff. Will have to keep hunting for that one there's not a huge amount of puyo games released for ps1 so i may end up with them all at some point as i love the series, makes me a little sad when i see the original compile logo pop up a huge shame them & hudson ended up folding.

Didn't realise just how gimped the N64 version is as back in the day that one is the only copy i got to try (currently living in kitchen cupboard lol) so i thought all other versions were like that too. Apparently not as the PS1 version has a fully animated fmv intro and all the characters are fully voiced in the pre battle cutscenes, totally caught me off guard.
          Last edited by importaku; 10-01-2022, 21:15.

Comment

Clean. Great art.

Comment

Love the art on the older puyo games, sadly when compile vanished & sega got the rights they freshened up the series but in doing so they totally went a different way in art direction. I don't hate the modern releases as more puyo in the world is always good but i do miss this specific artstyle the originals had.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                It’s finally arrived.

I’m really enjoying this. Bright colourful arcade graphics and music that’s very much in the same genre as Streets of Rage 2. Simple play mechanics and well tuned difficulty too. Glad it eventually saw a release. I hope other cancelled games like this can found and released in the future.
                Do you know if this is on the UK PS4/5 or Switch digital stores?

Comment

[MENTION=6700]MarioMark[/MENTION]

Yup - here:

Comment

Got a bunch of stuff I ordered before and during Christmas. Wanted to try some chill RPGs and fishing games, got Critical Velocity after it was mentioned in the Ridge Racer thread and I'm currently playing Resonance of Fate which made me nostalgic for PS360 JRPGs and I decided to give FF13 another go. The ebay seller also threw in a disk only copy of the FFX and X-2 PS3 remasters as well.

Comment

Ace thanks!

Comment

After a really long wait it finally shows up,

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumLeap View Post
                          After a really long wait it finally shows up,

Don’t wanna diss your new arrival, but they could’ve done a better job of authentic packaging without copyright infringement. Some unofficial releases in the last few years such as Tanglewood and Xeno Crisis have had really nice, authentic looking packaging. I guess it doesn’t help when they’ve gone for the USA Genesis look which is the ugliest of all the regions as it is.

Comment

I barely needed to flick through the pages before realising that yes, I should take out a full twelve month subscription right now! As you never know with Kickstarters what the end quality will be like or even if the project will be delivered, I just backed the single issue.

I’ve got to say they knocked it out the park; the magazine is very much in the vein of Sega mags from back in the day and really gives me the warm fuzzies when I read it. So excited just to get back to it!

I hope the producers see the kind of success that leads to it being in the shop shelves alongside Retro Gamer and Edge. The quality is certainly there as is the passion.

I implore everyone here to buy issue 1 - trust me, you won’t regret it! Now when’s Nintendo Powered coming?

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post

I barely needed to flick through the pages before realising that yes, I should take out a full twelve month subscription right now! As you never know with Kickstarters what the end quality will be like or even if the project will be delivered, I just backed the single issue.

I’ve got to say they knocked it out the park; the magazine is very much in the vein of Sega mags from back in the day and really gives me the warm fuzzies when I read it. So excited just to get back to it!

I hope the producers see the kind of success that leads to it being in the shop shelves alongside Retro Gamer and Edge. The quality is certainly there as is the passion.

I implore everyone here to buy issue 1 - trust me, you won’t regret it! Now when’s Nintendo Powered coming?
                              Cool to hear good reports of this. Waiting on mine in the post. Hopefully not too much longer!

Comment

This is a bit of an "easy come, easy go" tale! Last week or two there's been a copy of Sagaia (Darius II) for the Master System in the Cex display case. Usually the older games in there are absolutely scruffy as hell but I thought it looked really nice and figured if it was still there I would have a decent look and maybe buy it. It's £30 which is about the going rate on eBay, not much to lose. It's getting hard to find SMS games with good condition sleeves that aren't water damaged or badly faded and I like the Darius lot.

Had them get it out so I could have a look over at the counter and it seemed good enough. No manual but I didn't expect it (with manual it's about £50-60), sleeve in good condition, box would have been good but the plastic had lifted off one corner like they often do, cartridge decent. I've got a few spare good condition SMS cases I've kept for this purpose so it didn't bother me too much, I'll just swap the sleeve into a nice case. Decided to go ahead with it, paid my money. Went to have a closer look at it while I was sat around waiting for the missus and took the sleeve out for a more careful inspection (you can't really do it in the shop). Paper felt immediately wrong - it's a copy done on a colour printer. To the credit of whoever did it, it was a bloody good one too. I can usually spot fake sleeves from a mile away, even the fancier eBay jobs. If they'd done it on the correct glossy paper and trimmed one of the sides better they've probably have had me. Took it straight back and the staff agreed with me and refunded it without any hassle thankfully.

Would have been a bit of a wasted trip had I not seen they'd just got this in:

In contrast this was in absolutely mint condition and it was only £12 so there we go.

Comment

Working...
                                X