No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spotted a copy of Love & Destroy on UK eBay for a tenner plus postage and went for it. Played a few hours of it on Saturday and definitely like what I've played so far. Some nice visuals and gameplay but with a language barrier. There also appears to be a dating element to the 3 cover characters, aside from that it is a mech shooter.

Comment

Unusual art style for the cover. I like it. Never heard of that game but will check out some videos.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
        Spotted a copy of Love & Destroy on UK eBay for a tenner plus postage and went for it. Played a few hours of it on Saturday and definitely like what I've played so far. Some nice visuals and gameplay but with a language barrier. There also appears to be a dating element to the 3 cover characters, aside from that it is a mech shooter.

Nice score. I've got that one myself. Not a bad game for a cheap price.

Comment

Funnily enough that's showed up recently in Genki's stocks, think you scored a nice bargain comparatively though!

PS1 games with spines out and in sleeves

Comment

More Vectrex goodness.

Vectorblade is a stunning game for the system.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
              More Vectrex goodness.

Vectorblade is a stunning game for the system.
              The packing on those Vectrex items reminds of the buzz-off kit. Are they from the same company?

Comment

My old SCH15000 (with a hardware region mod) JP PS2 laser just isn't working anymore and i don't have expertise to replace that, and i had a hankering for some taiko no tatsujin (5 disc's worth) so i got PAL slim PS2 of ebay for £50 and worked my way through freemcboot memory card setup (thankfully made easy by buying PS3 usb memory adaptor many years ago for my PS1 games save to live on) and using a exploit found last year called mechapwn for slim models for changing the region and/or region freeing it without needed mcboot memory card once it's all done.

I got it work with a small hitch of PAL and JP machines not working with free region setting, however manually changing the region is a 1minute job so it's not massive problem. If anyone wants to go down this route make sure to get a US or Asia slim model which don't have this problem.

Comment

Sounds like you got a SCPH-70003 if you're having that issue. Any later slim PAL model shouldn't have that issue.

Comment

Sounds like you got a SCPH-70003 if you're having that issue. Any later slim PAL model shouldn't have that issue.
                    definitely a 75003 unless the ebay seller ripped a new sticker for it, could be possible.... and i didn't brick the PS2 using the 75000x hacks. Any ideas?

Comment

Attempting to flash it as a debug (DTL-H75001) any good? I had to set my Asian 90K as a US debug to get it working right. Didn't think Deckard units had the limitation you're speaking of though and don't have my own exp with slim units and this software sadly.

Comment

Attempting to flash it as a debug (DTL-H75001) any good? I had to set my Asian 90K as a US debug to get it working right. Didn't think Deckard units had the limitation you're speaking of though and don't have my own exp with slim units and this software sadly.
                        working beautifully , PAL and JP discs are now loading using the debug version, had no idea the US version was that. Thanks.

Comment

I'm not really sure myself but when I tried loading the DTL-H90006 it was no good, it liked 90001 though! Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                            The packing on those Vectrex items reminds of the buzz-off kit. Are they from the same company?
                            I don’t think so. I bought these games from a chap down south - http://vectrex.playntradeonline.com/

I would like to get a no buzz mod and see if I can centre the image on my Vectrex but it’s an old system and I’m kind of worried about tinkering with it.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                              I don’t think so. I bought these games from a chap down south - http://vectrex.playntradeonline.com/

I would like to get a no buzz mod and see if I can centre the image on my Vectrex but it’s an old system and I’m kind of worried about tinkering with it.
                              Techmoan on YouTube did a video about installing the Buzz kit. Seems easy enough. He had two Vectrex units, one of which he didn't mod as it was a bit awkward. May be worth checking his video to see if you have an easy to mod system.

Comment

Cheers Yakumo I’ll look into that. I do like that Techmoan channel he gets some real curiosities on there. He must spend a fair amount of time and money on Japanese auction sites.

Comment

Working...
                                X