No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So many good things there...the Satiator, the big dick playa move of buying Mario Basketball for the soundtrack only, and yet the absolute state of the fact that you got Sakura Taisen and yet failed to get the official mouse and mousemat has let the whole thing down irreparably.

EDIT: actually just realised I might be partly responsible for that Satiator as I was the one who posted about it - do let us know how you get on with it please! It looks suitable for my modding skill level (I can plug cartridges into things).
    Last edited by wakka; 20-01-2022, 16:40.

Comment

Some nice purchases it's not helping me avoid spending with you foul temptresses posting PS1 stuff, since i got the retrotink my teeny tiny ps1 is having a blast it's been getting played loads.

This payday i tackle one game i have been after i have found a new copy but it's gonna cost me a crapload (urgh)
      Last edited by importaku; 20-01-2022, 18:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
        Asciiware Specialized Joystick SCEH-0002: This has been staring at me from the other side of a glass case for a couple of weeks now, £20. I liked the way it looked like a PS1 and I didn't actually have a stick for the PS1/PS2 at present, but guessed that despite the Asciiware branding it would just be the usual setup of a stick with rubber contacts and therefore a bit like stirring porridge. For some reason I couldn't get it out of my head and did some basic Google work and found the stick is actually a microswitch setup - that swayed me. Inspected it and it looked good close up, tested it now and it works great. Really happy with it.
        That reminded me I also have a PS1 Asciiware stick stored somewhere, though it does look a bit crappier than the one you bought. It has a bat top stick and no turbo functions.

It looks like this.

Comment

The Saitator is a fantastic bit of kit. I was lucky enough to get one very early on. I use it mostly for hacks, homebrew and betas. Be careful about which SD card you use with it. I use a Transcend which loads games perfectly fine but has major issues streaming games that use CDDA. The audio can skip or just stop. I wouldn't mind but this SD card is a fast one too. I should change it for a better brand.

Comment

The developer of the xStation recommends SanDisk for their ODE so I imagine that would be a smart choice for other solutions, it is also what I use in my Fenrir. I have a 256GB Extreme Pro in the xStation and a 128GB Extreme Pro in the Fenrir, although the Ultra and regular Extreme will work great too.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I'll go with one of those. I use Samsung cards in my digital cameras due to their high quality and speed for 4k at 120htz but I think that's overkill for a ODE.

Comment

Where did you get the Satiator from [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION]?

I’ve fancied one for a while but the shipping from the US kills it for me.

Comment

Couple of oddities for my PS1 library as this year is year of the tige~~PLAYSTATION. Hopefully they'll get here by next weekend.

genki had a sealed copy of love love truck in so i decided to go for it as i found it a weird concept and i seriously doubt i'll find it in that condition at that price again genki has some great bargains sometimes, sort of a romantic minecart game where you also have to assemble burgers as you go around while trying to also raise your heart meter to woo your female minecart companion.

And nainai no meitantei, the graphical style is odd but in a way that really appeals to me. Something tells me it's from a comedy tv show or something it's giving off those vibes. The humans in it are hideously ugly it's like ramen bashi all over again.

starting to make another list of stuff to pick up through the year, think all 3 biohazards will be on the list again i have them already on gamecube but it would be nice to have the originals. Also tempted by dino crisis 1 & 2 as i have never played them at all i'm wondering if they will hold up like the old bio games have.

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
                    Where did you get the Satiator from @fuse?

I’ve fancied one for a while but the shipping from the US kills it for me.
                    Yeah this was direct from the US on their site - https://www.satiator.net/Satiator_p_12.html . Came nice and quick via UPS, but just in case anyone else is weighing it up, I got a £52 customs charge on the door

Comment

Yeah I don't believe they are stocked elsewhere unfortunately.

Comment

For £10 i couldnt refuse, want to get a few backup pads

browsing ebay on a day off is a dangerous game lol

Comment

I had that exact one BITD. I got it for my birthday. My first ever controller with an analogue stick on it

The colour still looks great. I would buy a Dualsense in that green for sure.

Shortly after I got a Cool Boarders - don't remember which one, maybe 2, maybe 3 - specifically because the box loudly advertised its compatibility with the magic of dualshock rumbling.

EDIT: Just saw the price - £10 is a bargain for what looks like great condition.

Comment

weirdly i have no memory of clear ps1 pads only memory cards, so far scouring ebay i have found clear white ones & clear blue but green is my fave colour. Think this year i'm going to try and fill in not only some of my most wanted gaps in the ps1 library but also a lot of the more common games too, thankfully not every ps1 title has a 3 figure price tag although still far too many for my liking that's for damn sure.

Comment

Yeah I have a transparent navy DualShock2 that I got in CEX. That's a really nice colour, too. Pretty sure there was a red one also. They should bring back the colourful transparent line up for the DualSense.

Comment

And another purchase the PS1 exclusive 2nd game tengoku game, was on offer at £45 not exactly budget but for the condition it's in i'll take it another shmup ticked off the list.

Comment

Working...
                                X