Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
    Where are these from fuse? The condition looks fantastic.
    All bar one (Bulk Slash) are from here - https://www.emporiumretrogamingshop.com - I've used them a bunch since they got mentioned on here a while back and they come v strongly recommended from me, particularly as you're looking at detailed pictures of the specific items you're buying rather than stock photos.

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    Super clean gets Fuse. Your collection must be epic, would be great to see some pics one day
    I'll do some pics when I finally tidy up the last few bits and get the entire setup how I want it, but you're more than welcome to come nose round it if you want in the meantime!

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post

Some less cheapies that I've fancied for a bit.

Actually my second go at buying Bulk Slash after getting mucked about by an eBay seller the first time. As it happens though, it's a common issue with this print of the game that the cover is stuck to the jewel case; something they used in the printing process for an effect seemingly acted as a glue. I've still not got the Satiator set up yet, but the fan translation of this is high up my list of things to tinker with when I do.
      Yep, that is an issue with most Bulk Slash copies. I've got one that has luckily survived but I've also come across many that haven't.
      You could always get the budget Satakore release though. That has a standard cover print on it.
      Last edited by Yakumo; 10-02-2022, 23:35.

Comment

Just some cheapo Cex rubbish for now, need to keep my pennies close to my chest - total spend for this lot was £6.75! Not all at the same store or even at the same time, this is over several weeks. Was thinking of going to the Leeds Retro Game market that was last weekend but I thought I'd behave myself.

Endless Ocean: Literally just got this today, also known as Forever Blue in Japan. Me and the missus have been watching compilation videos of all the Wii games on YouTube to make notes of any non-shovelware that seems interesting, they'd just got to E last week. Good job because D was almost all awful-looking deer hunting games. This on the other hand is a relaxing game where you go round the ocean looking at stuff, also one of the few Wii games where you can set a soundtrack from an SD card! I really like games like this where you can go round exploring and enjoy the atmosphere.
        Driver: San Francisco: This is a bit of an obscurity. "What?" you'll be thinking. No, it is. Despite the identical artwork and title, the Wii game is a completely different game to the PS3/360 one - game engine, game mechanics, story, everything. No sitting around in a coma and flying from car to car, this one plays more conventionally and is actually a prequel to the very first game on the PS1 (though they seem to have a vague idea of what year it's meant to be set - the original was set in the late 70s and this supposed prequel has loads of cars from the mid-80s). It's a really weird curio and is meant to be good if you can get to grips with the control system. It has very little Internet presence so maybe I'll do a little video review or something. Also this took absolutely ages to find in good nick.
        Virtua Tennis: World Tour: I like Virtua Tennis, didn't have any version of it for the PSP, it was 75p in mint condition. Crazy how dirt cheap PSP stuff is really. You can't even get a bottle of pop for that nowadays. Well I can, I go to some weird discount cash-and-carry where they sell close-dated stuff. You probably can't. Anyway, PSM said it's the best PSP game ever. Says it right there on the cover.
        Rampage Total Destruction: There's a game I've always championed as I don't think it gets enough respect and that game is Rampage World Tour on the Saturn. The PS1 version is good too. Basically it's a mid-90s retooling of the old arcade game where you run around smashing up buildings, done by Game Refuge (they did the very good General Chaos, which also doesn't get much respect). This, however, is by some other developer called Backbone Entertainment who are mostly only known for ports of things. It has middling reviews, but I'll give it a chance. It was a quid. What are you going to get for a quid, a bottle of pop? Oh, I've done that.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
          All bar one (Bulk Slash) are from here - https://www.emporiumretrogamingshop.com - I've used them a bunch since they got mentioned on here a while back and they come v strongly recommended from me, particularly as you're looking at detailed pictures of the specific items you're buying rather than stock photos.
          Cheers! I've had that placed bookmarked for a while but haven't ordered from there yet. I'll give them a go.

Endless Ocean is really good. I also got that cheap from a CEX a while ago. Very relaxing game but with enough of a structure to have typical game progress.

Comment

Oh hey. SGX in da house

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
              Oh hey. SGX in da house

Nice one. I had one of those many years ago from Hard Off. It was only 7000 yen too. Now they cost ten times as much! Enjoy the system man. The exclusives are mostly crap but the system it's self is iconic and what a design. Industrial overload.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                Oh hey. SGX in da house
                Nice. Don’t forget to do the mod to trim the screw mounting point inside.

Comment

After really enjoying playing through the iso image of Kyoufu shinbun i wanted to have a physical copy however all the ones on ebay are in piss poor condition & pretty much a pot luck on amazon japan marketplace however another one popped up today in between all the other listings on amazon for £9 so i have taken a risk as it looks in kind of in decent nick. Has the obi & the memory card stickers which are 2 things that are usually missing but i have no idea what the last owner has done to that obi it looks like they have glued/taped it to the case hoping i can free it without destroying it but for £9 it's not much of a risk at all i can enjoy it even if it's in jank condition & wait for a better copy to turn up (maybe lol)

Sometimes amazon japan marketplace is fantastic for finding really rare or obscure stuff and not always overpriced either. People don't always think to look on there but there's a network of mom & pop stores all over japan that use it to sell their second hand stuff.
                  Last edited by importaku; 16-02-2022, 17:46.

Comment

Poked my head into a Cex that has been quite awful lately, but seems to have got a large amount of PS2 games all at once. All but one of these are from the same batch. All the dirt cheap end, but whoever brought these in seemed to take care of their stuff and it's these kinds of games where it's harder to find them in nice condition. Total spend a whopping £4.50, must be pay day.

Devil May Cry 3: This is a series I more-or-less missed out on at the time because I was put off by how awful the infamous PAL conversion was on the first one and never really caught up from there. £3 in mint condition? Yeah alright. It's still got the postcard at the back I can send to Capcom and give my thoughts on Capcom. Dear Capcom, make Tech Romancer 2.
                    X-treme Express: It's that wacky but not very good train racing game that comes up every so often, the PAL port of Tetsu 1: Densha de Battle! World Grand Prix (which is technically a sequel). I'm fond of quirky games even if they aren't very good as they tend to have some sort of charm. If it even has a half-reasonable soundtrack it will do. I've spotted this on and off for years and didn't quite want to spend a tenner for it, turns out all I had to do was wait nearly 20 years.
                    Project Eden: I've no idea about this one, just bought it because it had an immaculate box and it was 50p. It's getting harder and harder to find nice "donor" PS2 boxes these days. Looks vaguely interesting actually, it's by Core. Third-person shooter with middling to good reviews. Maybe I've misjudged it. I'll play it at some point and if it is very lucky it might get to stick around.
                    Reel Fishing III: This is actually the one I'm most pleased I bought, especially as it's super clean. Another 50p last of the big spenders specials. This is a very laid-back fishing game by Natsume that abandons the usual arcadey fishing aesthetic for a more atmospheric, story-led experience. You go to look after your friend's cabin in the countryside, with a dog companion (that you name!) who occasionally brings you mail. Then you fish around the local area with gentle acoustic guitar music and sounds of nature. Imagine a fishing game but with a "The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross" aesthetic.

Frustratingly they also had Mad Maestro in tatty condition, but they couldn't find the disc! I've left it with them to see if it turns up, for now the pound remains in my pocket.

Stay tuned for next week where I fight a tramp for a copy of Rumble Racing or something.

Comment

My local CEX is going through a drought of new stock at the moment. It used to have a pretty decent turn over, but it feels like it's selling way more than it's getting in (not a lot in either direction mind, it just doesn't seem to ever get much new stuff in) and the games choice is diminishing every time I go in. The days of people offloading mountains of PS2, Wii and Xbox 360 games are over. I guess it's the lull before people move onto their PS5's properly and unload a bunch of their old PS4 games.

Comment

Yeah this branch had stagnant PS2 stock for quite a while before this, the only real changes being the odd high value game appearing out of nowhere. Think that's somebody getting them from other stores on mail order and returning it to their local branch for refund if they don't like the condition (then it goes out for sale again).

They definitely don't get the stock turned round as much on anything pre-PS4 nowadays and the vast majority of what does end up there is just tatty junk bought up from charity shops and car boot sales to turn into trade-in credit. Only takes one person to walk in with a decent stack of games though. Usually when they need funds for a new machine as you say!

Comment

I saw some folks talking about X-treme express on Twitter just the other day; hadn't ever given much thought to racing methods of public transport before then but it certainly sounds like it should be fun.

That shout re: Amazon Marketplace is a good one, I've had a lot of similar excitement recently after opening the doors to Mercari. Between that and another big splurge I've just committed to, it's turned out to be a very spendy start to the year.

Comment

Had my eye on this one for some time now. I think I paid about market rate, didn't think I'd ever spend so much on a video game though.

Comment

Ooo mustve been a few hundred, congrats sometimes need to bust the bank open.

Comment

Expensive no doubt but awesome. I’ve never finished it but I do love it a lot. Great pickup.

Comment

Working...
                                X