No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bailed on that early but really enjoyed what I played. Would like to go back to it but then I also have SMT 5 sat here sealed. Ho hum.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      I bailed on that early but really enjoyed what I played. Would like to go back to it but then I also have SMT 5 sat here sealed. Ho hum.
      Not got very far myself with SMT V. And now Soul Hackers 2 has been announced for release this year!

Can't keep up

Comment

A fairly uneventful weekend, but I traded in an absolute pile of junk at Cex for voucher credit - it's the first time I've ever done it. My missus likes to buy/sell weird vintage toys so I'm in the charity shops a lot, we sometimes find games. Most of the time it's utterly worthless pap like FIFA, but sometimes there's the odd thing that Cex will give a fiver for that we're either not interested in or it's in appalling condition with no manual, so we had a pile of about 8 games that we'd bought and put to one side for that purpose. They took them all except a tatty GTA4 they said was too scratched (they've tried to sell me much worse, I'll just throw it back at a different branch). Got about £30 for the lot, which is handy for the cheapo games and box fodder we usually get from there. Whilst I was at a different branch the next day though, I spotted this and got a chance to break into the voucher.

Ace Combat Assault Horizon LE

This must have only just come in, because it was sat there in the card sleeve out in public and wasn't tatty as hell. I've never played the series but always fancied it, just never got round to it and it just got away from me. Opened it up and it was completely intact and in mint condition with a notepad that I'll never write anything in. But the real selling point to me was the inclusion of a CD soundtrack, I love having a soundtrack. Is it any good? I'll find out when I stick it in the car tomorrow.

Total spend... £2.50! 360 games are really for nothing nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
          Decided to suck it up and get all of the SMT games on 3DS. You can still get this for £40 via online retail for now.

Not 3DS, granted, but SMT Strange Journey is easily one of the best RPGs on the DS, and there are a LOT of amazing RPGs for that platform.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
            Ace Combat Assault Horizon LE
            This one sticks out in my memory as the press kit came with some crappy shades too. Game's pretty fun though and I am fairly sure there is a QTE in the ending to fist bump another pilot. YEAH.

(sorry for the spoilers)

Comment

There's a redux version of Strange Journey on 3DS as well, not sure how it plays mind. Costs a fair few quid too.

Comment

Originally posted by phillv85 View Post
                There's a redux version of Strange Journey on 3DS as well, not sure how it plays mind. Costs a fair few quid too.
                That's the last one I need to buy, the rest are on their way. NA version is cheaper than the PAL release at least.

Comment

Moved my MiSTers on to get back into PCBs. Hero Turtles arrived today. Nice clean board, no repairs and all official eproms.

3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Living life right.

Comment

You're nuts.

Comment

Escape-to-88 laughs in the face of Egret II Mini buyers!!

Comment

Background to this: on a friend's recommendation I tried a new proxy service (NeoKyo). As well as Yahoo Japan, they had a process for getting things through Mercari, Surugaya, and so on. I might have got a little carried away.

... wait a second, you guys aren't retro, get outta here!

This was a mix of things I've fancied for a while, gaps in my collection I'd been meaning to plug, and some new things that I'd fancied grabbing as a result of fan translations becoming available. Perhaps a little excessive, but I could justify the splurge to myself, and as it happens the proxy service has since had their Mercari access removed, so I'm glad I picked up a lot of this through there while I could.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                            Background to this: on a friend's recommendation I tried a new proxy service (NeoKyo). As well as Yahoo Japan, they had a process for getting things through Mercari, Surugaya, and so on. I might have got a little carried away.

... wait a second, you guys aren't retro, get outta here!

This was a mix of things I've fancied for a while, gaps in my collection I'd been meaning to plug, and some new things that I'd fancied grabbing as a result of fan translations becoming available. Perhaps a little excessive, but I could justify the splurge to myself, and as it happens the proxy service has since had their Mercari access removed, so I'm glad I picked up a lot of this through there while I could.
                            We'll see you next year, thats enough to last you and then some hehe.

Comment

You love to see it. Awesome haul!

Comment

Those are pristine. Amazing stuff!

Comment

Working...
                                X