Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exciting big box from Japan turned up today

With lots of nice X68000 things inside

External 3.5 inch floppy drive for a bit of swashbuckling before i can track down the other games i want

Plus also today from Yakumo

Comment

Planning to possibly seperate the audio out of my SNES so that I don't get any SCART hum when amplifying
      Maybe track down a Gamester Pro GameCube RGB cable, I reckon it gets around this issue. Really good cable, some also reckon the picture quality beats the official SFC cable but I've not used one of those.

Nice haul of carts! Not fancy an SD2SNES..?

Comment

Beaaautiful haul Jamie. Makes me mega jealous

Comment

Originally posted by roachie View Post
          Maybe track down a Gamester Pro GameCube RGB cable, I reckon it gets around this issue. Really good cable, some also reckon the picture quality beats the official SFC cable but I've not used one of those.

Nice haul of carts! Not fancy an SD2SNES..?
          Nah, sd2snes is too artificial for me. I use an official Cube cable on my machine so far. Please consider that audio noise is pretty much standard for SCART. Isolating sound in the console will be much cleaner. Depends if I want to use my hi-fi though, my PVM only has a mono speaker.

Comment

Fair points all. A SFC audio out mod would be ace, the Gamester cable audio breakout does a good job as a rough alternative. Have to crank the amp a good bit before the buzz hits! My PVM's mono too, not tried the speaker on it yet, strangely. Need to tinker with the geometry a bit but the picture's knockout, loving having one

Comment

I'm very happy with my geometry adjustment on my M4E.

And you're completely right about cranking up the amp. The sound noise is fairly noticeable when using the PVM speaker but it should kick in much later on a decent amplifier.

I removed the RF module from my SFC module so I could probably just install a headphone jack and then use a 3.5mm to RCA into my amplifier to keep it tidy. Would have to research where to tap the audio from though, before the internal amplifier would be ideal I guess?

Comment

This is interesting

Comment

Nice! I have the exact revision he is talking about too. Will have to give it a go probably!

Comment

[MENTION=13863]speedlolita[/MENTION]: Assault Suit Valken is one of my fav SFC games. Lovely weighty controls with graphics and music to match. The last level music is especially awesome

[MENTION=2924]Leon Retro[/MENTION]: +1 yes! Well spotted mate Such an infamous picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post

Oh wow, that got there fast considering was sent SAL mail. Cost a bomb to ship too. I Forgot how much they weighed. Total amount of profit, 52 yen oh well, I'll remember next time plus I could help out a forum member

Comment

It actually came on Wednesday mate, i missed the delivery though so picked it up today. I think the XRGB was really fast when you sent it SAL as well.

I appreciate you sorting it, the X68k looks great through the XPC4

Comment

Glad you are liking the system! When you have the money buying a set up like yours is the way to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                            Oh wow, that got there fast considering was sent SAL mail. Cost a bomb to ship too. I Forgot how much they weighed. Total amount of profit, 52 yen oh well, I'll remember next time plus I could help out a forum member
                            how does this compare to the XRGB mini? or does it? is it the same thing?

Comment

The PAL to NTSC conversion continues.

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
                                how does this compare to the XRGB mini? or does it? is it the same thing?
                                The XPC-4 is better for 480p sources, but can do do 240p really nice though. There are a couple of things it can't do though, unlike the XRGB there is no scanline option and it doesn't pass any audio.

Comment

Working...
                                X