Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colin View Post
    Good luck and bad luck with more PSP pick ups. I love the original Virtua Tennis, but for some reason this absolutely refuses to acknowledge the memory card in my PSP claiming there's no space, despite it having 58Gb free. (Outrun 2006 has the same issue?) So that means no world tour mode as I can't save my progress. Was really looking forward to Everybody's Golf on the go again and bought the one that I had back at release, only for it to turn up and it's the Everybody's Golf 2 disc in the case! Can't be bothered to return it as it was a couple of quid inc shipping, and it's not the end of the world as I ended up playing it for about six hours yesterday.

So as much as everything I'd bought had been a bit cheap and cheerful, I couldn't resist these when I saw them, so a bit more of a splurge. The Parodius Portable collection is clearly the star of the bunch IMO even though I can't get on with Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius Forever With Me, for some reason I just don't enjoy playing it. Had a solid run through on Sexy Parodius today though.

You need to get Tactics Ogre next. Even if you don't like those kind of games. It's one of the best games ever, and absolutely ****s all over FFT (which is also great).

You will obviously need an English text version if you actually want to play it properly.
    Last edited by dataDave; 02-04-2022, 16:19.

Comment

It's all over Ebay. Cheap as chips, even for the premium edition:

Comment

Yeah, that's not really my kind of thing Dave unfortunately. This however very much is and one of the main reasons for buying a PSP again actually. I did consider buying another DC, but all the faff with upscalers etc made that a no go, plus I didn't want to open that road to temptation of buying all the expensive Japanese shmups again.....

It's taken a wee bit of patience to get a really nice condition copy of Power Stone Collection, UK versions in nice condition seem a bit thin on the ground but there are lots of (Italian I think?) sealed copies floating around ebay.

Comment

I don't believe they are currently available (like so many things) but the DCHDMI would be a good fit if you did decide to go down the rabbit hole again.

Comment

A couple more PCB pickups last week. Toaplan's awesome Outzone, which criminally never received a home conversion, and some AvP action - still need to pick up an A board!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Escape-To-88; 03-04-2022, 16:16.
            3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

My latest round of imports...

Comment

That is a classic bordersdown bundle and it looks like it is all in superb condition. Congrats!

Comment

Lovely PS1 selection there!

Comment

Originally posted by phillv85 View Post
                    My latest round of imports...

If you don’t mind me asking, how much did Ketsui set you back? Got a mint one knocking about somewhere here and I know it’s quite pricy these days?

Comment

Ketsui was from Suruga-ya, it was 6150 Yen, so around £40, which was too good to pass up. With the DVD set it was a little over 10,000 Yen. That is all of course before you factor in tax and fees of course.

Comment

Lovely stuff. I am coveting that Panzer Bandit!

Comment

Nice collection you have there.

Comment

Two very different arrivals for me today. Practical IQ I remember really enjoying back when it originally came out, at a pound it was much cheaper this time around though! Also another shooter ticked off the list with Sengoku Ace Episode III.

Comment

Time to spend the rest of the day replaying a lot of my childhood classics.

Comment

I was in Game earlier while waiting for my wife and saw these on the shelf but didn't notice the price?

Comment

Working...
                                X