Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colin View Post
    I was in Game earlier while waiting for my wife and saw these on the shelf but didn't notice the price?
    Ha! Same here (was in Game and noticed it that is ) @importaku what we talking price wise. I never had one as a kid but my best mate did and hold some great memories.

Oh and just 25 games.....

Comment

the RRP is 129.99 but amazon has them for 114.99

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
        the RRP is 129.99 but amazon has them for 114.99
        Seems pricey for the game selection, how does it play? Impressions?

Comment

Just realised i upped the price actually it's RRP is 119.99, as for the emulation it's pretty solid have no complaints in the image quality or how they play. For me the built in game selection is not that appealing only a handful in there i like or even played back in the day, i played a pile of point n click adventures and other obscure releases thankfully anyone can tailor the games to their gaming taste thanks to it been able to load any title onto a usb stick and run those on it via. wdhload

Comment

Really chuffed to have managed to grab a near mint copy of The 3rd Birthday. I could've done without all the extra stuff, but it would seemed it was all or nothing for a UK copy and this is by far the best one I've seen in the few weeks I've been looking, and the seller accepted my offer which meant it was reasonably priced.

I never actually owned this back on release as I no longer had a PSP by that time, but I had played it quite a bit through emulation on a JXD 7800B. Only issue was that I'd put hours in to it only for the game to crash and my save was gone, so I never went back to it again in case I met the same fate. Very much looking forward to playing the full thing now.

Comment

Very nice. I like that red UMD case very much. I never got round to playing this one.

Comment

It's a good game. Looks amazing for PSP!!

It's great on Vita where you can map camera controls to the right stick.

Comment

Eh? I've never even heard of this one before, and that seems a most uncharacteristic choice coming from Colin. Square Enix did good on the PSP and this one looks like no exception.

I was looking at PSPs in Arnhem's CEX last weekend, but their only stock looked like someone had played football with them. I don't really want one all that bad to be honest, but I figure I may as well grab one now before it becomes utterly impossible later. My original JP launch unit that's stuck back in Malaysia looks just as bad as those ones in CEX.

Even if I'm only ever going to play Ridge and Tactics Ogre on it that's good enough for me.

Comment

The ridiculous thing is that I've got that same 3rd Birthday set posted above, but this is the first time I've ever seen the cover for the actual game rather than just the slipcase

Comment

[MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION]

I played the first hour of it last night and was pleased (relieved?) that it was still really enjoyable. Graphically it’s still really impressive for a PSP title too.

Comment

I was down in Southend on business so visited nearby Leigh on Sea on my journey home to take a look in Retro Hunter which was featured in Sega Powered. Had a good selection of reasonably priced games, most being in gamers condition rather than collectors, but this makes sense as the games need to be affordable in order for the business to be sustainable.

I bagged myself these which I have been playing solidly since:

I’ve not bought a Megadrive game from a shop since Gamestation stopped doing retro and I’ve got to say there’s something about buying games from an actual shop and being excited to get home and play them. I’m jealous of anyone here who lives near a retro shop!

Comment

I used to love Test Drive 2 on the Mega Drive. Played that for hours at a time.

Comment

First NES purchases in a while.

I only got to play Snake Rattle n Roll for a couple of hours when I borrowed it off a friend in the mid 90s. He wasn't allowed to lend stuff out so his dad marched him over to get it back. Weird family but the game left an impression. Solstice is all about the intro but I would like to finally beat it. Wizardry was too good to pass up but I'm sure it'll be hard.

Comment

Great picks in here recently guys. You love to see it.

Comment

So intrigued about Crue Ball.

Some recent bits for me:

Also have another really nice Saturn shooter that's seemingly lost in the post. Not a cheap one, either.

Comment

Working...
                                X