No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also sorry to hear about you getting mugged off by eBay mate, that stinks. As a buyer, too!

Some er, more new bits.

(sadly none of these are the one that's still lost somewhere between Canada and Coventry)

Slightly odd mix of PS1 games here; one I love but never owned or finished, one I'm hoping might some day get a fan translation, and one that some friends and I used to find great comedy value in based on the demo.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
      Also sorry to hear about you getting mugged off by eBay mate, that stinks. As a buyer, too!

Some er, more new bits.

(sadly none of these are the one that's still lost somewhere between Canada and Coventry)
      Nice Saturn selection you got there.

Comment

Last Gladiators is a fun game. I randomly got a copy of that in a retro shop in Amsterdam for a few euros. Still haven't played Necronomicon, though.

Comment

Wonder if fuse outbid me on Musashi the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            Last Gladiators is a fun game. I randomly got a copy of that in a retro shop in Amsterdam for a few euros. Still haven't played Necronomicon, though.
            Yeah, Necronomicon is also on the list! I'm mostly curious about the John Petrucci soundtrack

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
            Wonder if fuse outbid me on Musashi the other day.
            Not guilty! But it was definitely your VP pickup that reminded me that there are some gaps in the PS1 RPG collection that I'd like to fill...

Comment

Hah, you and me both. Tbh I think a few of them have well exceeded my purse now but I'd like to clean up on the last few Squaresoft games I don't have.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                Was it the retro shop near central station? I actually picked up a copy of Necronomicon there!

Comment

It was! They were probably both traded in by the same person! How coincidental

Comment

I've picked up loads of belters out of there over the years.

Comment

Some Konami GX pickups this week:
                      Gokujou Parodius and Sek-ooh-saay Parodius, both in super nick. I've never played the latter other than via MAME and I have to say the MAME emulation is miles out for these two, especially regarding audio!
                      Attached Files
                      3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Oh man, awesome pick ups @Escape-To-88!

One arrival for me this week, definitely a victim of the Bordersdown effect and the excellent Neon Ignition MGS thread.

Comment

Oh nice one. I have never actually played Peace Walker so I plan to some time this year, somehow completely passed me by.

Comment

I've never played it either, but the thread piqued my interest in it. I'd only played one of the AC!D games but this looked great despite the lack of enthusiasm for it.

Comment

Just a quick pick up for today, couple of PS2 ones in the charity shop.

I'm guilty of being rather a fan of old demo discs and pick them up whenever I can - they're an interesting time capsule of the period and it's quite good to look at an earlier build of something you're familiar with. For example, if the demo of The Getaway is the one I'm thinking of, it's the one where some of the cars are completely different to the final release.

Hyper Street Fighter II is probably all the SF2 I need, I like SF2 as a general established fighting classic but only fancy a quick go now and then, this will quench my thirst for it. However, what I enjoyed about this particular purchase is that while I was looking at the stack of PS2 games in the charity shop, a "professional reseller" turned up. If you're unfamiliar with them, they basically go in charity shops and systematically empty them of literally anything that will turn a profit. I like to flip the odd Blu-ray or boxset into Cex for trade-in credit, but these dweebs are something else. Usually awful people to boot - barging old ladies out of the way, snatching things from people, swapping price labels, trying to browbeat people at the counter into discounts. You can spot them a mile off from their desperate eyes and ugly clothes. Anyway I was looking at the PS2 games in the corner and this guy was staring daggers at me as I did it. Soon as he saw this game in my hand (worth about £10), he was hopping from one foot to another like a little kid who needed the toilet, desperate to see what other PS2 games were there. I stepped back and left him with a pile of worthless FIFAs. Better luck next time, jerk.

Total spend 50p (2x 25p).

Comment

Good gets and one over on the type of person who tries to bargain in a charity shop. Good work.

Comment

Working...
                                X