No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's very good of you Ted. Sounds quite therapeutic actually, sifting through and organising piles of games!

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
      Power Diggerz is a great little game!
      Did it get a JP release?

Comment

Originally posted by DeathAdder View Post
        Did it get a JP release?
        It's a Japanese game, can't remember what it's called though.

Comment

Power Diggerz is a great little game!
          I've wanted a copy for a while. I was fully prepared to pay for it too but, well, happy!!

Comment

Spot of music arrived today, 4 cds in total.

Comment

Went to London Gaming Market at the weekend and bought a Dual Analog / SCPH-1180. Wanted one of these for ages.

Comment

Remember using one of these for the first time in ~1997 at a friend's house (his dad had just bought him this and an RGB SCART cable), and I've never seen one IRL since. I like the little concave bits in the sticks.

Comment

I've only seen a couple but never held one, what's it like? I imagine it must weigh less than the dual shock due to the lack of motor.

Comment

I've only seen a couple but never held one, what's it like? I imagine it must weigh less than the dual shock due to the lack of motor.
                    Yeah, it does. The handles are longer than a Dual Shock which feels a bit odd at first but it is actually quite comfortable with larger hands. It is lighter as only the Japanese model has the one motor and the Western variant has none. The sticks feel a little different to a DS and appear to have held up well over time too. Gave it a thorough strip down and clean in the sink of course when I got back, washed away 25 years of hand gunk. lol

Comment

Managed to find a copy Gunhound EX on PSP which wasn't madly priced (about half of what the cheapest used copy on eBay is) and this one is still sealed. I vaguely remember posts about this on here when it came out and wanting to play it, but never have. I'll get a quick play of it tomorrow at work if I get some down time, but it's definitely going to have to sit on the PSP backlog pile of shame for a while as I've started several other games right now!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                        Managed to find a copy Gunhound EX on PSP which wasn't madly priced (about half of what the cheapest used copy on eBay is) and this one is still sealed. I vaguely remember posts about this on here when it came out and wanting to play it, but never have. I'll get a quick play of it tomorrow at work if I get some down time, but it's definitely going to have to sit on the PSP backlog pile of shame for a while as I've started several other games right now!

I've always been intrigued by this! Very strong Assault Suits Valken / Leynos 2 vibes from the visuals.

Comment

Todays gameboy arrivals ,

[url=https://ibb.co/1zs9XQC]

Comment

Haven't done one of these for a bit, Cex has been dry and I've not mail-ordered anything else, but here we go now.

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (Wii): I'm not going to pass up a 2D fighter for £3, but would you believe this has bloody Wii motion control support? Not even going to try that, thankfully it is Gamecube and Classic pad compatible so that's that. And that's my tip - don't be put off by the Wii's gimmicky controls, because in the cases where it has Gamecube/Classic pad support the game is like it's on anything else, but often dirt cheap compared to other formats - especially PS2. Almost always has 60Hz and 480p too. Bear it in mind.
                            Odin Sphere (PS2): I've wanted this for ages, but always struggled to remember the title. I can only ever think of it in my head as that game I forget the name of that is basically a sort-of Princess Crown 2, which led to me ignoring it for several weeks even though the spine was staring me straight in the face. I paid "proper" money for this, £22 or something. It goes for maybe £2 less on eBay, but this particular copy looks absolutely brand new. Really looking forward to this one.
                            Mad Dog McCree Gunslinger Pack (Wii): I'm under no illusions about this series, but the Mad Dog McCree games have a crappy nostalgic charm for me, ever since I played it at Skegness (with a badly calibrated gun that aimed off to the right). However, for weeks it was something like £12 and I really didn't want to pay that much for games that I know are going to be super short and also a bit rubbish. Then it dropped to £8, so I thought "well, fine".
                            Little King's Story (Wii): This was difficult to find in good nick for some reason, but it finally happened. This game is utterly nuts, the best way I can describe it is that it feels like Pikmin gameplay mechanics applied to Harvest Moon (which makes sense as the director initially developed the latter series). It's really quite quaint and charming, it seems like it has a strong cult following which seems deserved. And only £3? Bargain.

Comment

Keep your eye out for the PS4 Odin Sphere release, literally one of my favourite games ever. It's absolutely incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumLeap View Post
                                Todays gameboy arrivals ,

[url=https://ibb.co/1zs9XQC]
                                I will forever love Jpn Gameboy boxes, probably my favourite game boxes ever

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X