No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved Kraft Racers back in the day! Would like to give it another try. Do you find it holds up?

Comment

It's been good so far, much faster than Mario Kart. Trying to drift round tight corners at high speed hasn't worked out for me, so I've been racing more traditionally while using map weapons. Im not sure if that's how you're meant to play it or if I just need more practice, but I'm winning races.

Worth going back to imo.

Comment

Yeah, Krazy Racers launched with the GBA in the UK, whereas Mario Kart didn't come out till a few months later. I remember it feeling really slow when I first played it, after hammering tons of Krazy Racers! Of course, as ever with MK, it very much proved itself the better game in the course of play (and in fact I would say one of the best entries in the franchise overall).

Will definitely be giving Krazy Racers another go at some point.

Originally posted by wakka
        I loved Kraft Racers back in the day!

Great autocorrection here as well. Imagine that. Burger cheese 'Single' vs triangle of Dairylea. Spamming the crackers out of Lunchables like green shells.

Comment

It was one of the games I got with my GBA, I loved it. At the time I was only really familiar with Gray Fox character wise but I didn't mind at all. For me it is a much more enjoyable game than Mario Kart on GBA.

Comment

Same here, in terms of getting it with my GBA. I had that and Pinobee, lol. I was baffled by most of the characters though, except for Gray Fox as you say. I had never seen Goemon, the Jikkyou guy, etc, before.

Comment

It's been a while since I've posted much, there's really been almost nothing out there. Still, we've eventually got some stuff, if nothing that special. The games were all from Cex. I've thrown in Die Hard for the laugh, I got it from a charity shop for 10p - despite the narrow case it's an original release with 1990 copyright and is completely brand new. Couldn't resist.

Samba De Amigo (Wii): Christ, this one has taken some finding. I think I've looked at about 30 copies of this by now. It's one of these games where they get bought for kids, so they're always torn up and nasty. This one is genuinely mint though. I never had the DC version as it was always just a bit too rich for me (even when it was relatively cheap). Anyway, the Wii version cost me £1. No maracas yet though. In all honesty I'll probably not bother, my experience of any "clip on" type Wii accessory is they're a waste of time.
              Metroid: Other M (Wii): All I remember about this is that it was faintly controversial for some reason or other, but for some reason it seems the least likely to turn up in the shop. I see loads of copies of Corruption, but rarely this one. Irritatingly with this one, it's absolutely brand new except for the case where the sticker has etched itself onto the case so I'll need a new one. I keep a pile of dirt-cheap but mint Wii games for this purpose. £8 which is a fair bit above the norm for Wii games.
              Phantasy Star Universe (360): Going to say I think the online component of this one will be pretty long dead at this stage! I was 50:50 about this as I suspect the "fully featured" single player mode probably isn't that much special, but it was only £2 and basically like new. I'll give it a shot. I liked PSO on the Dreamcast.
              Maximo vs Army of Zin (PS2): Sequel to Maximo, loosely related to Ghosts and Goblins, developed by the US arm of Capcom. I've got to say - hand on heart - I completely had no idea this even existed. I knew Maximo, I've got Maximo. Can't say I remember this one at all. Maybe some kind of early onset dementia. Came out in 2003, I was playing loads of games then! Weirdly, it's two quid cheaper than the original Maximo at only £6.
              VMU: I saw this in the glass case of a market stall selling absolute junk - and I mean absolute junk. 99% of it just needed putting in a skip. He had a few completely worthless Master System cartridges too, didn't bother with those. The screen has a mark on it and there's some kind of resetting issue (think the battery contacts need cleaning or bending or something). Had a load of Resident Evil: Code Veronica saves on dated only 2017 which is a bit peculiar in how recent it is. Still, I'll have it for £2.

Comment

One game from Colin; great condition, packaged immaculately. Grand.

Another from a random UK eBayer; I forgot how big a gamble this was, and ended up with a GBA box in a barely padded envelope. It might look passable in this picture, but I'd say "gamer's condition" was a generous starting point before the postal service had its way with it. Oh well, the cart works at least and I am buying this one with an intent to get it played in the near future.

Comment

Just googled that Tiny Toons game as it's a new one on me - a Treasure joint I see. Very interesting indeed. Do let us know how you get along with that.

The Sengoku artwork is brilliant.

Comment

Hudson Caravan Collection is a set of 3 nes shooters in slightly modified form, cool set...
                    And look, if you are going to buy real Super Grafx games, you have to start somewhere

Comment

Battle Ace might be crap, but I still have a soft spot for it as when I first bought a Supergrafx way back when it was the ONLY game I had for it for ages! (Well, system specific anyway)

Comment

Absolutely as near as I'll get to buying a PC-Engine game again! Probably paid too much at £50, but the completed listings for it on eBay that I found were all £100+

Comment

That's a lot of quality shooting action for the money.

Comment

The ridiculous thing is, I have a PCE emulator on my PSP with them all on it. I'm just down the rabbit hole as far as physical PSP games are concerned. Way, way, WAY down the rabbit hole.

Comment

£50 is a steal for that collection, good work!

This week I learned that there's another rhythm game collab between Masaya Matsuura and Rodney Greenblat that completely flew under my radar. While it's not meant to be great, that you can still buy brand new copies for under a tenner was a pleasant surprise at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                                Absolutely as near as I'll get to buying a PC-Engine game again! Probably paid too much at £50, but the completed listings for it on eBay that I found were all £100+

even on amazon J you are looking at 12,000+yen for a used copy so you did pretty well.

Comment

Working...
                                X