No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well ****... and what a strange way to package it, assuming that's how it came out. I did see some very occasional magazine adverts from the time showing a big box but they were far outnumbered by images of just the DVD case, so I thought it was just some pre-release image.

Good to know either way.

Comment

My Xmas present to myself ,

Comment

Woah mumma, big pick up, nice!
        Last edited by Baseley09; 20-12-2022, 10:44.

Comment

E's are good, E's are good...

This is more-or-less my Christmas present to myself, a Cluster Stick E's CS-3000MD. It's basically the Japanese MD stick that Sega later turned into the official Mega Stick (via Ascii). This one is made by Cluster though, probably in the same factory.

I've got a couple of Arcade Power Sticks, but ultimately I find them a bit unwieldly. A friend of mine had the European version Mega Stick back in the day and I preferred it, this is the same but weirder so it works for me.

Comment

Been after a copy of this for ages but always on ebay they are in various states of trash condition, decent manual and wrecked disk. Mint disk and tattered manual and usually missing the spine and or stickers. Kind of gave up looking till i spotted a copy on genki for £14 it's in beautiful condition & complete. I mainly wanted this version as it has a lot of pocketstation stuff on it plus i love getting the compile versions of puyo. Just need the first 2 releases on PS and i'll have them all on PS1 barring the spinoffs.

Comment

Love the box art on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post

This is more-or-less my Christmas present to myself, a Cluster Stick E's CS-3000MD. It's basically the Japanese MD stick that Sega later turned into the official Mega Stick (via Ascii). This one is made by Cluster though, probably in the same factory.

I've got a couple of Arcade Power Sticks, but ultimately I find them a bit unwieldly. A friend of mine had the European version Mega Stick back in the day and I preferred it, this is the same but weirder so it works for me.
                I had the Euro version of that and it was a really good stick. I would like another one but I guess they aren’t exactly a bargain these days.

Comment

Am I right in remembering that these had quite a weighty base for stability too?

Comment

Originally posted by jonathan_ingram View Post
                    Am I right in remembering that these had quite a weighty base for stability too?
                    Yeah it's got a notably heavy base for a stick with a small size. I've got a Hori Fighting Stick Mini about the same size, the Cluster E's feels heftier.

Comment

Yeah it's got a notably heavy base for a stick with a small size.
                      Sex tape title right there.

Comment

Shipped mid December and arrived today ,

Comment

Have you had a chance to play it yet? I've been interested in this one but I wonder if it plays like a homebrew or more like a professional game?
                          By the way, bonus points for the Japanese Mega Drive design.

Comment

There's a demo to download to have a go at , I pre ordered as soon as I played the demo. It's a more professional product than most homebrew from the brief play I've had on the finished product. Intro, cut scenes , spooky metroidvania sounds and good tunes and the ability to upgrade different weapons,bonus is it handles well to.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                              Have you had a chance to play it yet? I've been interested in this one but I wonder if it plays like a homebrew or more like a professional game?
                              By the way, bonus points for the Japanese Mega Drive design.
                              Oh , and you also get a full colour manual in English and three bonus postcards in the box , opps make that four postcards one was stuck behind the other !

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumLeap View Post
                                There's a demo to download to have a go at , I pre ordered as soon as I played the demo. It's a more professional product than most homebrew from the brief play I've had on the finished product. Intro, cut scenes , spooky metroidvania sounds and good tunes and the ability to upgrade different weapons,bonus is it handles well to.
                                Good to know, cheers. I'll give that a try.

Comment

Working...
                                X