No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, so it's not a PSVR2, but I just got this great custom made wireless Saturn pad from mmmonkey.

It's a legit OG Saturn pad he's modded to have 2.4 wireless. Lil dongle just plugs into the controller port on the Saturn, and the thing even recharges right off the wall via an added recharging port where the cable used to be.

Just given it a quick test run and it works great!

And yeah, I know the aspect ratio is off...been a while since I used the Saturn and I can't find the remote for the OSSC right now to adjust the settings.

Comment

what a beaut!! Enjoy

Comment

Shocking 16:9 action there wakka.

My Saturn bits also arrived, just spent a little bit of time giving the contacts a wipe with some IPA and testing them out - of course they're all good.

Last edited by speedlolita; 22-02-2023, 11:48.

Comment

I'll admit this wasn't one purchase, but the accumulation of about 3 months of PC Engine Fever®:

Comment

Ooh some pricy ones in there even as card only. A great selection too just need genjin 3 and that’s a full set, a lot of my faves in that pic.

Comment

Also received a phat DS today. Picked this up for a decent price and the machine is in pretty good condition. The screens are scratch/mark free, the OEM stylus is present and the label is present with serial still showing. Battery appears to be bulging but that can be replaced later on. Interestingly this machine is on the firmware I was hoping it would be, V5. This means that I was able to install a custom firmware (FlashMe) and unlock the 4 stages of brightness like on a DS Lite. The software detected it as a DS Lite so I think this is one of the machines that was made during that transitionary period.

Same colour as I got for Christmas 2005.

Comment

Todays retro but not really retro arrival, the last gamecube memory card i'll ever need. Will need to dig cube & my memory cards out at the weekend to back everything upto the new card then back all that to the pc and then move my doubutsu no mori save data back onto the original card and then copy from the pc back to the memcard pro so i will have 2 copies of my doubutsu no mori saves thanks to nintendos garbage reason for save locking every damn single animal forest save file ever created.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  great custom made wireless Saturn pad from mmmonkey
                  Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  My Saturn bits also arrived
                  Snap! I've gone a little off-piste with the picture though: here's me soaking up the the excitement of the new super modded Saturn (which works great!) while also visibly moping in the reflection of the TV in this dusty setup about the fact my 4mb RAM cart has croaked and won't let me play MSH vs SF.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                    Snap! I've gone a little off-piste with the picture though: here's me soaking up the the excitement of the new super modded Saturn (which works great!) while also visibly moping in the reflection of the TV in this dusty setup about the fact my 4mb RAM cart has croaked and won't let me play MSH vs SF.

That's probably the Saturn, not that cart which is giving you issues.
                    The Saturn cartridge slot is bloody awful. Too many pins is the reason in my opinion.

Comment

I hope not - I sold him the Saturn and tested 2x RAM carts and a Memory Backup Cart in it too!

Comment

Saturn cart slot has always been rubbish, you could put a brand-new sealed cart in and it would still be 50/50 whether it would work. Just give the slot a good clean with alcohol and try again. I keep my Saturn super clean and it usually takes 2-3 goes if I take the memory backup out.

Comment

Originally posted by mmmonkey View Post
                          I hope not - I sold him the Saturn and tested 2x RAM carts and a Memory Backup Cart in it too!
                          Don't worry. I have 4 Saturn's, all in immaculate condition and one which is basically new in Box. All have issues with the cartridge slot. Even my Hitachi Hi-Saturn does. As Hirst said, the best thing is to give it a good clean with 100% IPA.

Comment

Couple more PSP arrivals for me this week. I've been after Everybody's Tennis for ages but it always seems to be around £20, so was pleased to get this really nice condition copy for £3.20. Pursuit Force was a weird one, I'd never ever played it before until recently via emulation on my Mac and I really liked it though I think it wasn't very popular from some things I read? Anyway, picked up a sealed copy on the cheap.

Despite the fact I now seem to be more playing PSP stuff via emulation than I do on the system itself, I'm not going to lie, I enjoy the whole collecting for the format thing, there are so many good games on the system. It kind of reminds me of buying PC-Engine stuff in the early 2000's, everything is dirt cheap apart from a few titles and there's still tons of brand new stuff kicking around. It's fun, and I've amassed quite a collection over the last eighteen months.

Last edited by Colin; 04-03-2023, 11:25.

Comment

Oops, two posts on the bounce. Nothing massively exciting, but another PSP title ticked off the list.

Comment

Any particular goal with your PSP game buying, or just titles you're curious about?

Comment

Working...
                                X