Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
    3DO games I would recommend people check out would include Icebreaker (and it’s free sequel), Battlesport, Slam ‘n’ Jam, PO’ed, Total Eclipse, Phoenix 3 (the platform sections aren’t great but the space combat is awesome), the Wing Commander games, Blade Force, Space Hulk, Return Fire, Killing Time, Starblade, Trip’d and Star Fighter. There’s some fun RPG stuff like Guardian War, Luciennes Quest and the AD&D games too.
    Thanks for the recommendations! I read an old Retro Gamer article in preparation but did think the enjoyment might be limited game wise.

Good to hear some loving for the neglected 3do. I actually thought the FZ-10 was a little less desirable design wise with the top loading drive, so interesting to hear it’s preferred by some.

Saw a Sanyo one in Swindon the other day. There’s this quite amazing collection of retro and import stuff at a place called Retro Games HQ at the back of a music shop. They had hundreds of games and consoles, a real range. I will have to go back one day soon to take a closer look…

Comment

The FZ-10 kinda reminds me of the PC Engine Duo R and Fujitsu FM Towns Marty which is why I think it is cool. I know not many have that opinion vs the FZ-1 though.

Comment

Would deffo recomend Return Fire & Strahl, tho also available on other systems.

Immercenary is a stand out cool game, a first person action game in a Tron like world, with odd/superb FMV characters.

Comment

Immercenary looks cool!

Any other weird FMV joints worth a look…?

Comment

Recent arrivals:

(Donpachi's a bit of a cheat here - I've had that for a long time, but my copy was missing its obi and I found one for sale on YAJ)

Then there's also this guy -

Another excellently modded system from [MENTION=976]mmmonkey[/MENTION] that I've just been having a quick go with now. It's also prompted me to finally update the firmware on my Tink 5X, and the two combined are making a very nice duo.

Comment

Awesome [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] … that’s a dream of a Dreamcast

Comment

Great stuff as always Fuse.

I'd forgotten about that weird, creepy photo on the Japanese Fantavision cover!

Comment

It doesn't get much more exciting than this.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                    It doesn't get much more exciting than this.

What’s the plan for that?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                      What’s the plan for that?
                      Slot it in and forget about it.

You can also stream games with it with swiss from a network share.

Comment

What am I looking at here?

Comment

Basically the GameCube version of the Dreamcast ethernet adapter. Equally sought after and expensive.

Comment

Picked up another wireless controller solution for PS1/PS2. This one is based on the BlueRetro project by DarthCloud. This basically allows you to use any bluetooth controller on a given system. As the project is open source it has been embraced by the Chinese manufacturers and I picked up a PS oriented one from AliExpress for £15, although I'm sure they can be had cheaper again. Only downside I can see vs the Wingman PS2 from Brook is that there's no USB port for wired controllers/sticks. Took me 5 mins to figure out OTA updates and get my DualSense synced but after that no issues.

Comment

I remember getting lucky and finding a GC broadband adaptor many many moons ago, I didn't realise they were still used for the game streaming stuff though!

I've continued my plundering of mmmonkey's kit:

Also this guy finally turned up!

I've still not managed to open the Vs unit, but I'm keen to actually see what this is like now it's here, and, you know, not stolen and being flogged on eBay.

Comment

Lovely stuff. That N64 pic

Comment

Working...
                                X