No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Spriggan, the PC Engine’s answer to Musha. Tidy set of games there Colin, lovely bargain on Spriggan.

Comment

Yeah, when you can find the original for less than folk are paying for repros you’re definitely winning!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
        £34 in the current climate for Spriggan seemed like a great deal to me!
        That is a pretty nice price. Good score there.

Comment

Like Colin, I’ve managed to refrain from buying more games for a good few years. And, like Colin, I found recently that the heart wants what the heart wants. Yes, after all these years I have some new pickups:

Comment

Quite right man, do what makes you happy!

Comment

Quite right man, do what makes you happy!
              Playing the same old games over and over again makes me happy. I didn’t need to buy these, but I did. Need to find where I put my restraint, otherwise we all know how this ends!

Comment

What is surprising, but explains a lot on pricing, is just how little is out there to buy these days. Now that I’m in full on search mode again, I can find very few of the titles I’d like to buy, and some that I can find, I can’t justify the prices in my head that are being asked. That said I thought I’d paid what must be top end for the copy of Soldier Blade I picked up recently, but then I saw a copy at auction end about £60 more, it’s bonkers.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                  Like Colin, I’ve managed to refrain from buying more games for a good few years. And, like Colin, I found recently that the heart wants what the heart wants. Yes, after all these years I have some new pickups:

Uh oh [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION] looks like...

Neil

Comment

What is surprising, but explains a lot on pricing, is just how little is out there to buy these days. Now that I’m in full on search mode again, I can find very few of the titles I’d like to buy, and some that I can find, I can’t justify the prices in my head that are being asked. That said I thought I’d paid what must be top end for the copy of Soldier Blade I picked up recently, but then I saw a copy at auction end about £60 more, it’s bonkers.
                    This is why I’ve resorted to buying everything through a proxy direct from Japan. If you’re patient you can sometimes find the games over here cheaper once you factor in tax and shipping, but waiting for those games to show can take forever. It’s especially bad if you’re after more obscure games, like a lot of the Saturn shooters are commonly sold, but the fighting games that aren’t from Sega, Capcom or SNK? Dream on if you think they’re popping up every week or even month.

Comment

Same tbh I'm rarely looking to buy on ebay now, but I'm shopping daily in proxy land.

Comment

I just can't bring myself to buy from Japan after again that VAT pumping the other week. That and the whole proxy thing seems a bit of a faff, I'm too old to mess about with it.

Anyway, another wee PCE drop with a class HuCard in the form of Gradius, as well as a couple of cheap Super CD-Rom2 games.

Comment

Ah fair enough if you can’t be bothered with it. I try to make the shop last all month, then when I ship it I do so after payday so the shipping and VAT hit are in the following months pay. I’ve spent a little too much recently and need to wind it in, it can get out of hand when things are so “cheap” in Japan (before all the other fees add 30-50% more to the actual price).

Comment

In a way the trickle of UK availability is a good thing as it means I can’t just go on a spending spree.

Comment

loving all the recent activity ... enjoy the gets

Comment

In a way the trickle of UK availability is a good thing as it means I can’t just go on a spending spree.
                                Indeed, after saying I take a month to spend my budget I've just burned through it in a few days due to a sale, so now I'll have to wait another 3 weeks to ship the games without adding to it

Comment

Working...
                                X